xt660z for the larger gentleman

Dusty

Reaction score
Hi

been toying with the idea of the 660z for next years touring trips... im a fairly big chap.. and currently on a gs1150...just wondering if there are any large framed gentlemen who tour fully loaded (panniers camping gear etc)

Do they struggle etc with the weight.... im quite taken by them.. but the gs is under my skin and im finding it hard to part with it..

feedback welcome in advance

dusty

Large guy on one here

mencraig.jpg

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/show-us-your-xt660z-tenere.423225/page-6

Had one for just under 3 years thereabouts and its a fun bike, though a bit gutless and found I was riding it at the larger throttle openings most of the time and that was after adding PCV and DNA filter, akra cans. Suspension is basic, works well enough for road, when new, after a while I found the rear spring sagged and shock lost most of its compression damping so definitely built down to a price. Swapped it for an S10 which gave better fuel economy as I didn't need to thrash it as much. Offroad slow stuff it was ok, but any speed overwhelmed the sussies. For info I was about 15stone plus gear at the time of ownership.

Hmmm ... thats interesting feedback... seems to be the suspension is a bit of an issue... been toying with the S10 ad my mate has one.... think i may test ride one anyway just to get rid of the itch...

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom