BAKERY Christmas OFFROAD

Great day - many thanks to Steve and team for organising everything and to Keith for leading our group so well. :beerjug:

Cheers guys great day out, both Mrs Bakes and I rode out too, I took two 1200 GS riders out from here that turned up, they had cool lights.

Just anpther day with folks that need spoiling,

Carl was a star, knockin one out in a few hours, and £2800 taken, £500 expences, leaving £2300 for local charitys, 3 in all that will be close to my heart.

WE WILL DO THIS AGAIN, NEXT YEAR,

PLUS the TRF want me to do something with them in the summer, so I will keep you all posted,

LIFE is good, oh and Grez is up stairs.:eek:

better he's upstairs than him rattling about in your downstairs

A great day on the plains in the mud.....

Thx to Mav & Andy for leading, and a great bunch of blokes too....

Thx also to Michael for the tape that repaired my helmet after my high speed tumble; you'll be glad to know I just have a cut nose & bruised wrist :D

Bike will be thoroughly checked over in a little while......:cool:

Well what a few days. Left Rochdale to 5 foot of flood water in the town centre and the M62 closed due to a sink hole and power cuts all over the place. Did 2 miles in 1 hour on the M62 and made Andover, 222 miles later, after 5 1/2 hours. Great surprise to be invited to dine at the Baker man residence where Bounce and I were treated to good food and good company.

Next day the ride, as usual excellent leading by Mav and Andy. Managed to stay right side up for a change and my loathing for ruts remains intact. The group was excellent and in my mind I kept up. The usual high quality lunch provided by the Baker man clan and off again for a play.

Day over back to the Bell for a drink and to accept the kind offer of a bed for the night at Casa Baker man as driving back late was not the best idea, how little did I know.

Another night of fine dining and excellent company preceded a restful night and the following morning I was greeted by coffee from Mrs B and to find Mr B had jet washed all the bikes including mine. You don’t get this service in 5 star hotels. A bit of excellent reversing out of the drive, I can say that as there were no witnesses, and off to the Bakery to help (or hinder) put stuff away and eat bacon and egg sandwiches. Bid a fond farewell and according to my phone 222 miles and 3 ¾ hours to home…………6 ¼ hours later I arrive home cursing road works and massively grateful Steve washed the bike so I could just unload and hunt for food. Power back on in town, lots of generators around and the flood waters have receded to the top of the river banks in town.

A massive thanks to the Bakerman clan for all the hard work and effort in organising and running this event and for their generous hospitality making me feel like one of the family.

Top day out - despite a few logistical challenges in my group!

Looking forward to being back on the Plain again soon!

Just thinking about it, who wants to see the offroad riding anyway...?

it's more about the scent of adventure, than the actual adventure. As Bouncer discovered..... everybody knows what mud looks like, most people have bikes.... put the two together how many combinations can you get....?

I've left the mystery there for you to discover next year

:)

that's the beauty of being an artist

A great day, likely to do it again on the 2nd, as Andy from our group is leading from Countess Services at 10am

That is on the A 30 / A303 junction I think, postcode is SP4 7AS

A great day on the plains in the mud.....

Thx to Mav & Andy for leading, and a great bunch of blokes too....

Thx also to Michael for the tape that repaired my helmet after my high speed tumble; you'll be glad to know I just have a cut nose & bruised wrist :D

Bike will be thoroughly checked over in a little while......:cool:

A great day, likely to do it again on the 2nd, as Andy from our group is leading from Countess Services at 10am

That is on the A 30 / A303 junction I think, postcode is SP4 7AS

May well see you there, dependent on storms, flooding and pestilence. (May even adjust my rear brake to avoid further unintended lock ups). :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom