Tracer ordered

Don't tar everyone with the same brush.;) Your man on the RR was playing with you.:D

The Tracer is a rapid bike, agreed, but to compare it to an XR is just silly.

Nope, he was most certainly not "playing with me" he was struggling, big time, I was in fact playing with him. ;) Don't be getting all high and mighty about you and your xr though, they are good bikes, fast bikes, but they ain't twice the bike of a tarcer, despite it being twice the price. :rolleyes:

Nope, he was most certainly not "playing with me" he was struggling, big time, I was in fact playing with him. ;) Don't be getting all high and mighty about you and your xr though, they are good bikes, fast bikes, but they ain't twice the bike of a tarcer, despite it being twice the price. :rolleyes:

When did I say it was twice the bike?:nenau

You're getting very defensive. I'm not knocking the Tracer, I quite like it, just saying it is no XR. The similar riding position and look, is where the similarities end.

When did I say it was twice the bike?:nenau

You're getting very defensive. I'm not knocking the Tracer, I quite like it, just saying it is no XR. The similar riding position and look, is where the similarities end.
Not getting defensive at all. You're trying to imply that it's the bike over the rider and I'm telling you very clearly, it's the Indian not the arrow that makes the difference

Not getting defensive at all. You're trying to imply that it's the bike over the rider and I'm telling you very clearly, it's the Indian not the arrow that makes the difference

OK. You should email all the manufacturers making 160+ bhp bikes, and tell them that they are wasting their time, and that you on your Tracer can keep up with anything they can make.:thumb

You're just being a fucking arse and you know it but here's a wee tip for you, and 80mph corner is an 80mph corner no matter what you're on

You're just being a fucking arse and you know it but here's a wee tip for you, and 80mph corner is an 80mph corner no matter what you're on

Ain't that the truth

Doesn't matter if you're on a H2, Panigale or Moto Guzzi, the laws of physics will determine it

You kept rising to it though!:JB

:D:D:D:D:D:D

It's the way the Tracer makes the power is the clever bit . Useable torque throughout the Rev range that makes it so fast

It's the way the Tracer makes the power is the clever bit . Useable torque throughout the Rev range that makes it so fast

I had a 2015 fireblade out while my tracer was in getting serviced, that fireblade is bonkers, amazing suspenders, light as a feather and surprisingly comfortable, however, it was no quicker up 90mph than my tracer, but for SLH's like the nutty one, it would suit him nicely :bow

I had a 2015 fireblade out while my tracer was in getting serviced, that fireblade is bonkers, amazing suspenders, light as a feather and surprisingly comfortable, however, it was no quicker up 90mph than my tracer, but for SLH's like the nutty one, it would suit him nicely :bow

You're in a world of your own.:comfort

I have had a giggle at the banter,and some good points made.

However an 80mph corner is not an 80mph no matter what you are on i'm afraid. e.g an 80mph corner/ to easily take a corner at 80mph on a 'Tracer,XR,GS etc no problem.

But when you approach the said same corner at 80mph on a harley,bonneville,mot guzzi cali,etc suddenly the world will become a different place altogether.

I do agree with the line of thought that speed on a straight is immaterial ,the fun and skill as most of us know is in the twisties. Some talented folk will always be faster on a lesser bike.
A point not always appreciated is that of knowing the road,it does make a huge difference.:thumby:

You are all missing the point which is whatever bike you are riding (thrashing) it is the best at that given time. If it is on a great biking road and your not at work it will be heaven.

My pal and I have been going to France twice a year for 8 years. Originally I was on a Yammy Thundercat and he was on an FZ6. He changed to an Yammy fazer 1000 and I changed to a Honda VFR VTEC. Currently he has a Tracer and I have a 1200 GS TC. We always have a fantastic time and have often comment that now we have newer more expensive bikes it's not any better than the early days it's just always brilliant.

Nutty loves his bikes and so does Cabby. You are both riding gods and a duel needs to be had with us all in attendance to sort this out once and for all.........

There. I'm glad I have cleared this up. :D

MY 2P worth

In the real world .....

Having just been thrashing my XR round Scotland with some members of this parish I can say that some of it comes down to how fast you are actually prepred to go !

I went down Glen Shiel at what would be classed as a very good pace, I don't want to put a figure on it as it could get me into bother. I had a GSA LC with me the whole way. I could overtake faster and come out of the corners harder but in the end we both ended up at Eileen Donan within seconds of each other Quite simply because i was not prepared to go faster than i was. I believe the guy on the GSA did have to work a lot harder though and was I should imagine pretty close to flat out whereas I could in theory have put at least another 30 or 40 MPH onto it It was not worth it

I can confirm Cabby is slow as fuck on a bike and just a keyboard warrior :blast

As you were, oh and why can't they make any of these bikes good looking?

But Rick

We all no the White ones are slower then racing red .

Back
Top Bottom