Tracer ordered

Big Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Pickup Friday, had a look at a few options but Tracer just seems such a lot of bike for the coin.
Just in time for the RTTW

Happy days,:clap I
I have not had a new bike since I bought my Super Tenere ....... In 1989:p I must get a test ride on one just to see what they are like. Where are you buying from , Alf England's ?

I keep looking at one As you say it looks very good value The salesman said it was like shelling peas and that they were flying out the door? Do let us know what you think of it?
:beerjug:

Congrats.:thumb

My mate loves his. He thinks it's quick, until he tries keeping up with me on my XR!:green gri

My mate brought one, he purchased the kappa luggage and it replicates the TT at a fraction of the price, the rails unclip within mins leaving no evidence whatsoever, it's a rapid little bike with excellent tank range, only complaint he said the seat needs some gel inserts.

b115c7a455fe8a88ae529b4104b645ab.jpg

I've had a Tracer since March, now with 7000 miles. It's a great bike but as said above, the seat does not suit everyone, including me, so I have a Bagster job. I have also changed the screen for a Powerbronze one. This improved things and a Puig spoiler made it very good.

2015-09-25%2015.33.50.jpg

2015-08-22%2018.51.37.jpg

Pickup Friday, had a look at a few options but Tracer just seems such a lot of bike for the coin.
Just in time for the RTTW

Here are a couple of forums dedicated to the Tracer. http://motrider.com/ is a UK based one, not many members. http://fj-09.org/forum is a US based one where the bike is known as the FJ09. Lots of members here and a good resource for technical stuff, although polluted by the usual US hyperbolae.

Bought one last Saturday and have done 700 miles already. Traded in my Super tenere for it with no regrets. As for keeping up with an xr, in the right hands, no problem til you come to the straights but who cares about the straights.

Happy days,:clap I
I have not had a new bike since I bought my Super Tenere ....... In 1989:p I must get a test ride on one just to see what they are like. Where are you buying from , Alf England's ?

Na, don't get on with them mate had me over a couple of times so don't go near them. Motorcycle Mart kiddie, sod to get to for me and don't know much about them but got a great deal with a top sales guy so looks promising

Non Yamaha dealer told me there will be a price hike in new year as they were very keenly priced to help get Yamaha's market share back up

Non Yamaha dealer told me there will be a price hike in new year as they were very keenly priced to help get Yamaha's market share back up

I think they might do like the Super Tenere, have a premium model with the cruise control, linked brakes and electronic suspension. Not for 2016 though.

I don't see them changing much this year, just consolidate the sales success of the MT09 range. Maybe different colours.

They will probably revise the model significantly after 2 or 3 years to give current owners an update path and attract riders away from Triumph & BMW with a higher spec model. They will still have a cheaper offering to attract people into the Yamaha brand from mid-range bikes like the ER6, CB500 etc.

. Motorcycle Mart kiddie, sod to get to for me and don't know much about them but got a great deal with a top sales guy so looks promising

That's where I got my Super Tenere from....nice people to deal with...:thumb2

You may scoff, but I was behind, or should I say I was being held up on the Laggan road last week from a bloke on an s1000rr, then once things started to go beyond a ton on the straights he was gone, if only he was as quick in the curvy bits :rolleyes:

Don't tar everyone with the same brush.;) Your man on the RR was playing with you.:D

The Tracer is a rapid bike, agreed, but to compare it to an XR is just silly.

The Tracer is a rapid bike, agreed, but to compare it to an XR is just silly.

You don't need a Tracer to close the doors on a XR, I was out today on my RED BEAST below and the XR couldn't get anywhere near me in the twisty stuff, and I was pulling 3 figures on the straights, who needs bling when you have talent
5831d7b1649b49c81c22db8e636a754e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom