No car Lanes

Neil W

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just a head up that a number of the no car lanes around Newcastle that used to allow the lanes to be used by motorcycles and commercials are being changed over to Bus Lanes only, they are covered by Council cameras who are pursuing any 'offenders ' and issuing tickets.

Mate drives a van and was caught twice in a three day period kerching ..................£80 of fines

In better news, Endinburgh has commenced an 18 month trial of allowing motorcyclists to use bus lanes. :)

i just rode from gateshead through the town and up to walker,traffic was bumper to bumber ,as i was on the bike i just went up every bus lane i could see,lets hope ne fines on the way :thumb

Bikes can use all of the Bus Lanes in Newcastle Council area EXCEPT for the High Level Bridge. Bikes cannot use the bus lanes in Gateshead. In both case I had this info directly from the the councils

Gateshead reckon that to allow bikes in the bus lanes would cause confusion to other road users as the bikes would be swopping in and out of bus lanes all the time ... a bit like the taxi drivers do!

Back
Top Bottom