Touratech Screen Extender

Cymru-Dave

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just thought I'd put a post up regarding the touratech screen extender on my 2013 GSA.
I trawled through the threads on this subject and the results pro TT screen extender and against were 50/50, some liked it some didn't, so my purchase was made on a gamble. I found when riding the wind noise at the sides of my lid was deafening, I have an aria tour x4 (I don't know if this make a difference or not), I'm 6ft 5in, and seat and screen are set to the highest positions.
The extender arrived, and I was £103 lighter, it's a lot of money, I could have opted for the cheaper one but I thought it'd cost me more if I had to replace it so I forked out another £30 for the locking version.
Before when riding I could drop my head what I though would be a couple of inches and the wind noise disappeared, so my thinking was a 112mm screen extender should just work.
My first ride was very positive, all I could hear was the bike, there was no wind noise what so ever, it's certainly worked for me, I kept hearing about people saying they an ride visor up at 70mph and this is true with this extender, and also handy because my issue now is that I have no ventilation on my lid, so I have to pop out of the screen to get some air into the helmet, either that or lift the visor.

I'm posting this only to give my findings for any like minded people who are wondering whether to go down this route or not from reading the good and bad reviews on them, but it's improved comfort totally for me, a top buy!

I'm 6'5 too and was wondering about getting one of these as I also get a lot of wind noise even with the screen on the highest setting. Great little read so thank you. I will be investing in one ASAP.

I'm 6'5 too and was wondering about getting one of these as I also get a lot of wind noise even with the screen on the highest setting. Great little read so thank you. I will be investing in one ASAP.

Welcome to the site Tommo :thumb Don't forget to introduce yourself over in the 'I'm new here' section :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom