Episodes 1-52 of Not Dead Yet

absolutely fekkin brilliant.......man you must have some balls on ya.... many would have given up (me at the sight of Ukraine ladies,,,,)
Just watched it through to Magadan and missus says if i don't turn it off she's out of here...its much better now theres no one nagging.....
Wish id got the call to go with ya......:beerjug:

Cheers John!

absolutely fekkin brilliant.......man you must have some balls on ya.... many would have given up (me at the sight of Ukraine ladies,,,,)
Just watched it through to Magadan and missus says if i don't turn it off she's out of here...its much better now theres no one nagging.....
Wish id got the call to go with ya......:beerjug:

Thanks amigo!:beerjug::beerjug:

Totally class Oisin. A couple of episodes at a time,to make it last as long as I can.
Cheers to all in Baile ath cliath
Neil.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

well....having just got to the end of part 52 i feel as if I've been on the back of ya.... how on gods earth do you come back to the day to day stuff after that..?? Ya could spend a lump of cash going to watch a James Bond movie for a couple of hours which is fantasy stuff....then to think I've spent the last few days in my own world watching your story for absolutely fekkin nothing..totally free of charge and its left me sat here thinking...wow..and wow again.... I'm off from London to Bangkok next year and simply cannot wait...I wish you all the very best and a huge thank you for such an eye opener...makes my Morocco and European trips look like a stroll in the park.... Must just say that your music was very enjoyable too...
Huge regards...John
Thanks amigo!:beerjug::beerjug:

Hey Oisin,
I just finished watching this epic adventure and have been addicted to it.

Great advice throughout the videos, amusing banter and observations. Germany was brilliant especially Nurburgring pis#ed myself watching it.
stunned at your experience in Mongolia and bad luck on the road of bones and mid USA with your clutch (looked like a gearbox oil seal failure??)

There are a few self doubting comments you make nearing the end of the filming in Canada where you ask yourself whether anyone would watch
any of this anyway, I have started watching again its so good. This is easily on a par with long way round and considering you have done everything it is simply stunning :thumb2

You must be so proud, superb job!! :clap :clap :clap

Books are on order :)

Andy

Hey Oisin,
I just finished watching this epic adventure and have been addicted to it.

Great advice throughout the videos, amusing banter and observations. Germany was brilliant especially Nurburgring pis#ed myself watching it.
stunned at your experience in Mongolia and bad luck on the road of bones and mid USA with your clutch (looked like a gearbox oil seal failure??)

There are a few self doubting comments you make nearing the end of the filming in Canada where you ask yourself whether anyone would watch
any of this anyway, I have started watching again its so good. This is easily on a par with long way round and considering you have done everything it is simply stunning :thumb2

You must be so proud, superb job!! :clap :clap :clap

Books are on order :)

Andy

Cheers Andy! - Much appreciated

I wondered as you where solo, how you managed to get the panning shots of you riding towards the camera, ie: the camera moved sideways. The thought of how much the trip may have cost you leaves me with a headache.

Hola!
So its a feature in final cut pro - you can do whats called a "ken burns" effect on the pixels - if you look closely the video quality deterioirates a bit because you effectively panning across a single frame
clever git eh? :)

Really enjoying watching these - what a fantastic trip.

Can I ask what the music was with the female vocalist in a lot of the videos? Love the tune, but can't find any details on it...

Yup - that's the one.

Thanks a lot for that Oisin. All the best!

Hi folks,
After four years - I finally finished putting together the last of the videos from my RTW.
Episodes 1-52 are here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiYHvy0wpSy9a2Z74W6OcKusU4PdcKXiN

Sorry about all the messing! :)
The big fella

Oisin.. It takes some courage to do any adventure solo, to be self reliant, committed to getting through no matter what and to fight with your demons along the way. Glad you shared it with us, particularly as you made it 'in the moment' without any Hollywood bull***t. When someone asks the question, 'what's your story?', you have a great one to tell.

You'll have a tale or two to tell of your own when you come back.

Oisin.. It takes some courage to do any adventure solo, to be self reliant, committed to getting through no matter what and to fight with your demons along the way. Glad you shared it with us, particularly as you made it 'in the moment' without any Hollywood bull***t. When someone asks the question, 'what's your story?', you have a great one to tell.

Gandalf: You'll have a tale or two to tell of your own when you come back.
Bilbo: Can you promise that I will come back?
Gandalf: No. And if you do... you will not be the same.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Up to episode 46, my 2nd time watching my wife's 1st...........ooh err

You are a star!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just watched ep1. My internet connection for the foreseeable future is via tether to my mobile phone - glitchy & sticky video, eats my phone credit. But goddammit it might be worth it.

Even just ep1 is more inspiring to me than Ewan & Charley's events (which I enjoy watching regularly), cos you're a normal guy - a normal Irish guy. Not just from a no-backup team perspective, but also that you're Irish. Maybe it's a chip on the shoulder, or that at 47 life has knocked a fair bit of vim out of my own mojo, but I kinda view Ireland as an also-ran in the world, populated by either gombeens or cute hoors. But you seem to be neither - you seem to be a decent everyday guy. You make it seem like Paddy is every bit the worldly man as anyone else. That there's no reason Paddy can't achieve something like this. Anyone could bolt a heap of cameras to their bike, but the real-world everyman aspect of your series is what really strikes me.

Looking forward to watching the whole series. Glad you recorded & edited it all together. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom