New Husky 701 Enduro

Not just more suspension travel, looks to be much improved forks and shock. Just needs a Rally Raid fairing and tanks....

For those longing for the 610 days to return (at least I think it's more a 610 rather than the later 630). Seems a bunch have already been exported to Oz.

http://www.swm-motorcycles.it/en/models/enduro/rs-650-r/

The SM version is £5600. Not seen the price for the E version yet.

And so it goes full circle; my old 610 was built in Italy (part of the MV Augusta group) - I wonder if it's back at the same factory?

The engine looks more 630 to me, it's defo got the WBM developed head from the 630...............

That's s very good price though :)

Whilst essentially the same bike as the old Husky I wonder what the score is with cycle parts / componantry. I'm also thinking a source of spares for my Husky as the years go on.............

Andres

And so it goes full circle; my old 610 was built in Italy (part of the MV Augusta group) - I wonder if it's back at the same factory?

The engine looks more 630 to me, it's defo got the WBM developed head from the 630...............

That's s very good price though :)

Whilst essentially the same bike as the old Husky I wonder what the score is with cycle parts / contemporary. I'm also thinking a source of spares for my Husky as the years go on.............

Andres

Engine is made in China, under licence..........................somebody bought the rights to the original Husky engines and SWM name and hence revamped an iconic Italian brand, with the ex Husky engine

......however I had a rocker arm break at the start of the Cambrian this year on a bike with only 2K miles!! I had to do the event on the girlfriends Serow, not sure her bike will ever be the same - :augie

I was there in spirit ... !!

(They cut this bit out after the first twenty or so riders couldn't get across it ... !)

Ahh ... well I may have some pics of you! What was your number ??

I'm tempted by the 701 Enduro. Are Husky going to be at the NEC bike show?

I'd just about convinced myself that the 690 was the next bike, over a 450exc and a 950se. The bit that put me off the 690 was then then needing to fit exc forks and a decent shock to make it properly useable off road. Then this 701 comes along with what sounds like decent suspension. I wond how few they'll make and whether I can get one for a decent tryout?

Husky have announced a bolt on tank to take fuel capacity to 20 litres and a tall screen. Looks like the long awaited KTM 690 Adventure is going to be called the Husky 701 Adventure. Price is to be £7999.

Husky have announced a bolt on tank to take fuel capacity to 20 litres and a tall screen. Looks like the long awaited KTM 690 Adventure is going to be called the Husky 701 Adventure. Price is to be £7999.

It's sounding more and more interesting, mind you at £8k it needs to be good!

I wonder if KTM are using it as a cheap way (for them) of dipping their 'toe in the water' in order to gauge interest before working on a 690 Adv?

Andres

Where did you find this additioanl information?

Just found the MCN article :blast

Back
Top Bottom