Avon Trailrider Highly Recommended

Having previously had 3 sets of TR91's which I really rated, I decided to try the Avons on my hex head GS and use the bike in all conditions, touring, pillion work, blood biking etc.

Initially I felt they were a little more 'blocky' feeling that the TR's which made me a little unsure, but have now covered 5500 miles and really happy.

Grip is right up there wet or dry and every bit as good as the Dunlops (praise indeed) and even at 5500 there is plenty of tread on the rear and it isn't yet squaring off like the TR's used to.

Overall, really Impressed with the Avons so will be going for another rear once done. ��

UNHgYbo.jpg

Sorted, just need to bin the TKC's and get these fitted!

Had two sets of tkc70s....Scottish twists, Moroccan Tarmac and piste, Switzerland, picos and all around in all weathers..... cracking tyre.... bit of a weave at 100+ but best I've had on bike....they only spin up if you are the cause.......and a GSA has enough electronics to prevent that...43000 now and nearing 3rd set.....tried pr4 and touarence.......sticking with conti

Ive had only the one problem with the TKC70 and that was cold wheels on cold, salted tarmac. I should have known better but to be fair the road was really slippery. Not ice, just too much salt. Any tyre would have slid.

I've recently done 500 miles of mostly motorway (and some back roads at destination) with absolutely zero problems. They are slightly less stable at motorways speeds but it's really not an issue. They are great on loose gravel even when there's only 3mm on the back tyre tread.

Having just bought a 1200 with some well worn Tourances I'm looking around for what to buy.

Trail riders sound good, might order some of them this week for the local lad to fit (in Grantown on Spey). Unless someone comes shouting a nightmare - but a modern tyre should be fine - with no brand loyalty I'm happy to take a couple of recommendations

I've gone back to Dunlop Trailmax's (or Trailsmarts as they are now called following an overhaul).

There was nothing wrong with the Avon's but I have just come to love the Dunlop's. Oudles of confidence and more often than not that's what it is all about!!:thumb2

Got my Trailriders fitted yesterday. I've only done a couple of hundred kms but so far they feel good (all new tyres do after a set of knackered ones) I'll know more in a week or two.

Pair ordered, should have them Friday, look forward to them. Down south I imagine you just drop into your local tyre shop and they have them in stock. Up here it takes a day or two. But it's worth the wait.

I've asked my dealer to fit these to my new GSA when it arrives early September.:beerjug:

about 1500kms in, I absolutely love the Avons.

They really suit the look of the GS as well!!! (very important)

0uhXz9Y.jpg

They seem to have a very solid carcass and just absorb all the road surface without feeling crashy and so far seem to have all the out and out grip you could ever want on bike.

Having followed this thread with interest have had them on for a 1000 miles so far. Initial impressions were odd because I had been riding squared off tourance tyres. Superb they are, bike feels like it turns in smoother and quicker, grip has been excellent. Probably just me but bike feels easier to manhandle around in the back yard and when parking up. Will try to wear them out in Europe over the next couple of weeks. :D

Having followed this thread with interest have had them on for a 1000 miles so far. Initial impressions were odd because I had been riding squared off tourance tyres. Superb they are, bike feels like it turns in smoother and quicker, grip has been excellent. Probably just me but bike feels easier to manhandle around in the back yard and when parking up. Will try to wear them out in Europe over the next couple of weeks. :D

A quick mention for Hawleys tyres Hillsborough Sheffield, £205 the pair ride in rideout and they slipped some new rear pads I had purchased previous FOC. Top service.:thumby:

I'm now on my third set - Observations

When you remove a worn PR4 it's well flimsy, the Trailriders retains a lot more structure

Late in life as the tyre squared off, I added a little preload on the back and the tyre handled great right up untill the end

Id picked up a couple of punctures and had a slow leak In the rear, pressures ridden on varried from 42 and down to late 20's before I'd pump it back up - It always performed well and does not appear to be pressure sensitive

I acctually found that on wet greasy roads I had more confidence when the rear was c 30-35 psi

Great tyres!

£220 for the pair fitted at wheelhouse tyres in Coleshill so not a million miles away from you. I'm sure you can get them cheaper but they are local to me and seemed a fare price with coffee and a bacon sandwich within smelling distance. The bike store and accessory shop in the same area to keep you occupied if bacon isn't your thing.

Back
Top Bottom