FIAMM mini blaster horns

Haggisblower

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted a set of Nippy Norman's FIAMM mini blaster horns (with bracket & wiring kit) to their RT LC? I'm getting mixed messages that they do/don't fit :nenau
I would appreciate your experiences :D

Cheers
Iain

FIAMM HORN

Has anyone fitted a set of Nippy Norman's FIAMM mini blaster horns (with bracket & wiring kit) to their RT LC? I'm getting mixed messages that they do/don't fit :nenau
I would appreciate your experiences :D

Cheers
Iain

I've just received the master blaster and need to fit it so I'm interested in this post. I've now ordered the canbus adapter and hope to get round to fitting it this week, hope it's worth the hassle !

Last edited:
Mark Hooton might be able to help- I think he does some of the fitting guides for NN. I don't know if he has done the LC.

Thanks for that. The master blaster was advertised to fit ALL RT's, I'm trying to fit it now and I don't think it can fit at all !!
Looks far too tight under there !!!

Ive just bought a master blaster from nippy Normans. They state you do not need a canbus connector to fit this, it's a straight replacement using spade connectors?

http://www.nippynormans.com/product...lack-119db-with-spade-connectors-fia-mastwith

It says in that advert:

OR for an even neater fit use our Hard wiring kit for BMW bikes with Can-Bus wiring.

TIP FOR OWNERS OF BMW MOTORCYCLES WITH THE CAN BUS SYSTEM

When fitting the a Fiamm horn to these bikes there is no adverse effect on the Can-Bus system. There are two methods of connection:

1. Cut off the original horn connector and attach spade connectors to the two lose wires. These then connect onto the Fiamm horn
OR
2. Use our Hard wiring kit for BMW bikes with Can-Bus wiring.

So it's not a direct replacement without some modifications somewhere.

Master blaster horn fit

It says in that advert:

So it's not a direct replacement without some modifications somewhere.

It's not the connections that's the issue, the canbus connection and a few wires to the battery etc ( as per the instructions) are OK to fit. it's finding room between the forks that's the problem. I've sent an email to Normans who have replied promptly which say I need to buy a kit which includes a bracket and wiring at £49.00 for it to fit.

So , a £31-00 horn is now costing too much to fit and is becoming a right ball ache to fit which is not what I expected. I suppose I should have researched it better really, it's because it's advertised to fit 'RT1200 all years ' I bought it.

I'm not giving up though, I'm hoping I can just buy the bracket without the wiring as I've been and purchased all the electrical connections now.

it's finding room between the forks that's the problem.

I've just fitted some Clearwater lights to the engine bars on mine, they too wanted the relay fitting at the top of the forks, I extended the wiring to the lights and mounted the relay under the pillion seat, gives easier access to the relay and I'm sure better weather protection ;)

Sounds good, bet they look smart too. The horn is quite large and take a lot of room, the forks obviously need to turn fully left and right which is where the problems start.
I will get there in the end, I'm hoping t
If I can purchase the bracket it will solve everything ?? Cheers anyway

Hi,

A new member here with an R1200RT LC.

I wanted to fit some decent horns to my bike, but found it difficult (impossible?) to fit twin horns between the forks, even with Nippy Normans bracket. I have now purchased a pair of PIAA horns and fitted one to my own bracket, which is a piece of aluminium with two holes drilled, on the original horn location, where I fitted one horn. At this point I have to say my bike does NOT have the BMW radio fitted, so under the right hand fairing panel where the radio speaker would have been fitted, I found a nice neat place to fit the second horn. As the location is where the radio speaker would have been, it does not mask the horn too much. Again I used a small piece of ali to create a bracket for the horn. Wiring with a relay in the fairing near to the second horn and wiring back to the battery negative and positive terminals. Positive being the 'extra' positive rather than taking the battery out. Nice and loud!

Somebody mentioned £31 - maybe with postage?
I just bought the MINI blaster for £15, (not the MASTER blaster for £29 from NN). I intend to send it in with the 12,000 mile service on my 2014 RTWC this week to hopefully be fitted - will report back.

Now fitted. Rather poor photos attached.

Attachments

• 020 - Copy.JPG
    020 - Copy.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 802
  • 017 - Copy.JPG
    017 - Copy.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 737
  • 014 - Copy.JPG
    014 - Copy.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 776
Khunpaul
Who fitted these may I ask? (Bahnstormer were very reluctant to fit a horn on my new FTLC as they said it 'always led to problems') but maybe you have a dealer who will?

And how is the sound?

I purposely asked Vines to fit it hoping that any remedial work would be done. It has worked badly ever since - often working once then not a second time immediately after. Vines have only looked at it reluctantly after arm twisting saying that they never should have fitted it in the first place - probably true; but they did. If it fails again I will have the original refitted. Trouble is it always works when they try it.

Back
Top Bottom