AirHead Drag Bike

Chanced across Built magazine and have to say the bike looks fantastic. Then stumbled upon this thread and saw how much work went into it, great job Paul and good look for the drag season!

Paul....we know you've been off playing and we are waiting for pictures , videos and results following your European adventure with the hippest of hipsters :D

Attachments

• IMG_2850.jpg
    IMG_2850.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 961
Hi Wreford & Stephen H

Yes back from our travels all I can say is WOW if you ever get the chance to go the Café Racer festival you need to go absolutely epic. The Sultans Of Sprint guys and girls are a great crowd and know how to have a good time and made us straight at home. We ended up taking both bikes so for those of you who have never seen our Ironhead Boardtracker well lets just say its different and seemed to go down well.....

As for the racing so Saturday was the main event for us and it was just 29 in the shade.... I had 1 practice run and then the qualifying run against a similar BMW and got beat off the line and that was it as the competition is a knock out type, disappointed at the time but we had such a great time I just put it down to experience and see how I get on next time, the really quick bikes looked fast so we need to get serious..........

The next round is at Spa and it was one of the rounds I was going to miss but if I can get there I will, I may just have been bitten.......I will be at Westonzoyland this weekend competing on Sat & Sun if anyone is about come and say hello.

I do have loads of pictures and videos which I will post up soon but in the mean time the Sultans have loads of pics on their FB page if you want to check it out, or on my FB page for Shed Hot Customs.

P.S if anyone has or knows of someone who can help with a series 5 swing arm and drive shaft please let me know

So a few pictures from the Bike Shed ( all pictures taken by the invited press ), if you have never been its a great event and the weather was almost as hot as this week so that helped, we were in a room with bikes from the Sultans of Sprint series and I then got top meet the owners later in the month at Montlhery

V044.jpg

V046.jpg

V047.jpg

V048.jpg

Next up was our first round in the Sultans of Speed championship, this took place at the Café Racer Festival at Autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry in France this is an oval type track with flat straights which join banked curves, the weather was scorching and peaked at 32 so no issues with grip.....load of press so here is a few photos - we also got to pick a race number so had 59 for year of the bike....

V058.jpg

V015_1.jpg

V061_1.jpg

V063.jpg

Indeed and only entering 2 of the 4 rounds that's not likely, the bikes that are winning even look quick and discussion were of 10.5 1/4 mile times so.....

What a would say is they are a great bunch and seem to get there kicks just doing these 4 rounds and not really competing on the 1/4 mile with lights, the whole event was well thought out and good fun for the spectators, once you were in the circuit it was access all areas no questions asked. Next round for me is Glemseck so lets see if I can make it passed the first round this time.....

Just a quick reminder I am still after a early driveshaft if anyone can help.
Tied up with our Rob Farmer who has sorted a swingarm so just the drive shaft needed.
Please drop me a line on here if you can help.

Thanks

Boxertricks

Wow that's very generous I am out of the country so would like to sort out collection / postage when I get back if that's ok ? And thanks again.

Rob

Yes you must have a good bunch in darkest Loughborough will catch you also on my return as promised and see if we can tie this together so to speak......

Also need to sort out the dreaded photo bucket will be looking for a new hosting site for all the build photos big pain.

In other news it less than 50 days to Glemseck the last round was at Spa and the weather was not kind but those who went looked to have a good time as usual, the Germany trip is starting to look a bit epic from what I had imagined but getting really excited.
My last outing at Westonzoyland was interesting as it was the first time running with the fairing there and boy the side winds were I bit focusing... after getting beat in Montlhery we spent time on practicing the starts but as I increased the revs on each launch i got slower and slower times. Ditched the fairing over lunch and had a talk with myself and just went back to sort of driving it off the line and back in the grove and new FT. Guess just going to have to speed up my reactions....
The bike has been very reliable and now we're using a auxiliary battery for starting and getting a better technique that's improving , its the odd the odd things like starting the bike at the right time so when you it's your time to race it's at the right oil temperature at the right time.

So the adventure is ongoing and if your going to Glemseck like a couple of UK based guys please come and say hello

Just seen a post from our Chris Turner from CT Motorcycles on FB looks like Velocity is in this weeks MCN Wow well chuffed.

Hi Mark

Thanks never listened to a pod cast before so a double first

Chris

Never got told that MCN was doing this artical even spoke to the guys at Built to find out how it happened and it looks like they share stories when they want them so it's a win win for Velocity....

Back
Top Bottom