AirHead Drag Bike

Great stuff!:thumb2

Paddock camaraderie is awesome; my olde Bonnie still wears a random Harley Sportster coil... fitted in a paddock years ago when a kind fella 'found it' in the bottom of his toolbox! :D

But back to "Velocity Baby".... Tell us about the sound... How did she ROAR? :bounce1

So hot news straight off the press - check out this months Built Magazine which features " Velocity Baby" .......

Mark

I may be bias but sounds awsome and with an 8600 soft cut - howl may be a better description.....

I got similar times on my bog standard harley 1200 Sportster in 1990 at the same strip. That was with buck horn bars and panniers. My safety gear was external steel toe cap boots and a donkey jacket :D

So used the nice weather to get a few jobs done.

Retail therapy.... so I needed a ACU helmet to be able to race and none of mine had the sticker so visited a few shops and having tried on a few my selection has been narrowed done to a Bell just not sure which model, waiting on some new stock luckily I have a bit of time before the next race.

After the threat of spending I thought the new Anderson plug would be a good start ...... bought a set of jump leads and cut off one end and made off the new connections then drilled and fixed the bike side under the seat then made off the permenant connections to the battery. Next made up a wooden battery carrier that locates on the foot peg and rests on the stand bobbin battery is the type with an integral handle so some more wood to fix said battery to the carrier and we have a portable bike mounted auxiliary battery.

If you remember on a previous post we had thrown the tethered battery kill switch in the bin as it worked back to front well the Sultans of Sprint rules list this as a requirement so not to be beaten a trip to Mapplins had a new N/C micro switch so hopefully that is the end of that saga.

We were using the paddock stand all day and we wanted a quicker fix so we made up a prop type stand that fits in an old frame lug and is just popped in as needed the foot is been made so it resists rolling back or forward - you could try hard and overcome this but hopefully we won't try this.....and it means I can be a bit more independent if i cant coerce the pit crew to every event....

When we had to make up a jury rigged fuel line when the inline fillter sprung a leak the T pipe gave up the ghost and parted company so the new fuel lines are awaiting the replacement T to turn up.

Jobs left to do are are torque the heads and reset the valve clearances and RM also wants the oil and fillter changed so this will have to wait till next week.

Worked through some jobs today

Fuel line replaced
Painted the new prop stand
Torqued the heads and set valve clearances

As part of the Sultans of Sprint they wanted a team and bike name so we are now called "Shed Hot Customs" and the bike has been christened "Velocity Babe" and if your into you bike mags it's being featured in BUILT this month.

I also received a email from the Bike Shed in London to tell me that the bike has been accepted for the bike show at Tobacco Quay over the BH weekend in the last week in May so please come and say hello if your attending - getting really excited now......:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

Racing in the NSA spring round at Westonzoyland Saturday & Sunday come and say hello if you make it.

[video]https://drivetribe-thumbnails.imgix.net/HhMhyEeERda6Tzc8sxcF6Q/thumb.png?fm=pjpg&auto=enhance,compress&fit=crop&crop=faces,edges[/video]

I hope your race competition have the same view of you as in this picture when you cross the line at the end of the strip :clap. Looking good :thumb2.

Hi Jim

Hope so too, been trying to load up the video on this link but failed, if you check out my FB page there are a couple of videos to watch including this one. hoping the weather is kind - can't wait......

Some pics for this weekend at the NSA Sprint in Westonzoyland

V9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

V6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

For anyone who may be into Face Book we have set up a "Shed Hot Customs" page which will cover the bike builds and the drag racing exploits, you would all be most welcome.

Dr Nosh

Don't worry its safe an sound...

Ijustwanttoseethephotos

I thought you were only interested in pictures

In between all this racing malarkey we took a trip to Bicester Heritage for a "Sunday Scramble" so lots of car clubs and smattering of bikes really nice venue with loads of room and friendly organisation, went with no real plan but took the bike and asked the question if we could display it " yes not problem love to have it here " which was nice and a good time had by all. Lots of engineering workshops and manufacturing going on so much so that its on the list to go back on a week day and have a good look around. Managed to get some nice pictures of velocity.

So bike is all packed up and we are heading to London this BH weekend to display Velocity at The Bike Shed at tobacco quay on Sat and Sun.

Looks like there are some really nice builds with 100 bikes of all types to be seen, if your planning on going come and say hello.

Back
Top Bottom