Byway Tour 2016 - 1000 Miles Northumberland to Wiltshire

Scooby

Reaction score
Saturday 2nd July to Sunday 10th July 2016

In 2015 I took 15 bikes plus guides and we rode from Northumberland to Wiltshire on as many byways and green lanes as possible? Having never taken on a task like this I faced the in trepidation of would it work and the answer is a resounding yes. One of our lady riders Carla produced a blog each day, Carla not only joined us on our tour but started in John O Groats and finished in Lands End please read her blog on the link below:

https://jogler.wordpress.com/part-3-july-2015/

So with the knowledge gained and the routes we chose we are going to make it even better, if indeed that is possible, for 2016. This event is run to support Bike Tours for the Wounded C.I.C and all the monies raised (nett camping cost) will help support the wounded, injured and sick servicemen and women they support two of which were on the TV recently in Homes for Heroes John and Lamin.

The event details can be found here http://www.biketoursforthewounded.co.uk/the-tours/byway-tour/

A support vehicle to carry your luggage and any spares, all tents are provided plus a team to erect and de-camp daily on each campsite. Light breakfast is also provided each morning other meals fuel etc are the responsibility of the rider.
We had 3 x GS bikes on this in 2015 it was a challenge, but they made it even through the Strata Florida in Wales, where they were in their element. So if you fancy a week on the trails seeing our beautiful countryside then this is for you and knowing that you are supporting our service personnel through Bike Tours for the Wounded.

For any info or a chat about the tour please call me on 07799 335534 or email me at markl@bt4tw.co.uk

This is one I can assure you not to be missed we even met the famous Bakerman on a scooter :D

I look forward to hearing from you

Scooby, that's a fantastic blog link

Yep, I did a section Devizes to Wincanton, it was the last day, I had just got off a plaine from 10 days in Iceland.

I wanted to do the whole trip but had already comitted,

Go for it, a fantastic way to claim the country side as yours, well organised and sure to be even better organised 2nd time around.

One if not the most memerable days trail riding under my belt.

Attachments

• 11705767_866039043490811_8088380036953514051_o.jpg
    11705767_866039043490811_8088380036953514051_o.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 338
Motorcycle Live at the NEC done with the TRF promoting our tour, it was good to speak to some of the guys.

Some vested interest with less than 8 places up for grabs so if you want to join us on this epic North to South adventure then get in touch?

No takers yet from the forum members well not that I am aware of?

If you are looking at this, looked at the blog from 2015 (in the first post) and want any more information do not hesitate to contact me on 07799 335534.

If you want to cut your teeth on the trails and explore our countryside then this is the way to do it, I can assure you will not be disappointed and helping a cause too.

Back
Top Bottom