TomTom Rider2 Reset

Sparky

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
If you are like me and regularly ride with no problems with your Rider2 sat-nav, when it does go wrong and the screen appears to be dead how do you bring it back to life?
Looking on the online forums they kept saying hold the power button in for 30s + until it comes back to life, this doesn't work with the Rider2.
What you have to do is use a straightened paperclip insert into the small hole beside the SD card slot for 20s and all should be well again.

I'd just updated the SD card with the latest speed cameras prior to my early morning start the following day to Oldbury, Birmingham, put the SD card back in and then nothing the device wouldn't start up. Panic my PC wanted to do its updates so couldn't use that, boot up the tablet and start looking up on the forums time was running out, nearly 2:00Am I've. Got to leave by 5:00Am. Then I stumbled upon this life saving reminder of the reset facility, Hey presto TomTom now back working and time for a little shuteye without having to study the maps in detail.

Regards sparky :bounce1:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom