Thread: Harry Fairbairn Inverness

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Harry Fairbairn Inverness

New showroom is now open, but no sign of any motorcycles.

Apparently the bikes are going up stairs

Drove past it the other week, looks very fancy!

Looking forward to a browse next time I'm up!

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.

A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Apparently it cost £5m so don't expect any decent offers or p/x's any time soon. Arnold will want a return on his money LOL.

Passed by on Tuesday, ground floor showroom has bikes, exactly where they used to be.
    Raising a teenager is like trying to nail a piece of jelly to the wall.

https://www.facebook.com/thelochy?fref=tsClick on this pint to go to the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by G.C. View Post
    Passed by on Tuesday, ground floor showroom has bikes, exactly where they used to be.
    that'll be the old showroom, not the new one.

Apparently the bikes are going there in the new year when the lift is installed. They intend to have a stock of clothing and a sort of club / coffee area in the bike section.
    Chaos, mayhem and panic; another job well done

Sounds like a potential meet before a ride out

Quote Originally Posted by Frizbeedawg View Post
    Sounds like a potential meet before a ride out
    Sounds good, you're only up the road from me

We have a week based in Inverness next June so sounds like a place for a free coffee!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by busy builder View Post
    New showroom is now open, but no sign of any motorcycles.
    Popped in this morning for a quick look around and a catch up from Ivor etc. The place looks really good - now that the lift is in and working :-) - They have the full range of new bikes and a nice selection of pre-owned machines, they even have a new RNineT Sport model with the brushed alloy tank and lovely Akro hi-level pipe... WANT ONE!

The clothing and helmets etc. are still to be put in but it's looking really good and now that they have the space and functionality (lift!) I'm sure it'll be no time at all before it's fully up and running and worthy of a stop by, brew and a biscuit whilst perusing the kit etc.

Pleased to see it's coming together and we're not having to travel a gazillion miles for a decent dealer :-)

Andy
    “I have no reason to go, except that I have never been, and knowledge is better than ignorance. What better reason could there be for travelling?”
    ― Freya Stark, A Winter in Arabia

A great service - and a happy customer :-)

Well,

I've just returned home after a thoroughly pleasureable day spent whizzing around the beautiful Highlands on someone else's bike :-)

My bike was booked in for a two year (12K) service at Harry Fairbairn's - GSA TE - and looking at the long range forecast last week did not fill me with confidence - snow, ice and freezing fog - thank-fully when I woke this morning it was none of these, still Bl**dy cold but no ice or surface water between here and Inverness, just minus 2degrees - Good Start :-)

Arrived in good time and was met by one of about eleven hundred new staff in the dapper looking new building, bike, key and docs handed over, warranty work updated verbally (corrosion... and misting clocks) and settled down to await my steed for the day...

Phew, wasn't expecting the S1000XR as a courtesy bike - RESULT!

Took a run from HF to Drumnadrochit, Beauly, Dornoch (over the top) and back in again, with a few coffee/bacon butty stops en route - I did have the day to fill you know!!

Arrived back a little ahead of time - again, that bike is sooooo fast (it made me ride that fast officer!!) - had handover of service and warranty work and settled up, RESULT again, instead of the £320 quoted for the combined service, ended up costing me £276 :-)

All in, a great day's riding, some cracking - but cold! - weather, beautiful scenery and the best part of £50 less than I was expecting.

Ivor, Simone and the Team have excelled themselves again, hopefully Mr BWM will OK my warranty work and I'll get that sorted :-)

A Very Happy Andy

Attached Images Attached Images    
    “I have no reason to go, except that I have never been, and knowledge is better than ignorance. What better reason could there be for travelling?”
    ― Freya Stark, A Winter in Arabia

I have had a bmw series one from 2010 and have had good service from HF. Now have the gs and the good service continues.
    Might a bit expensive, thats bmw in general, but they stick to their quotes, which is a rare thing in my experiance.
    Keep you informed, run you into town and back. They have done some warantee work, on both car and bike, which has been great, and a recent problem with the GS at Wick, they were very helpfull to say the least.
    I would elaborate but its a story.
    Recomend them definately.

https://www.facebook.com/HarryFairba...963816/?type=3

So whats the thoughts from everyone??

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Deserved.

I have worked with Ivor and Paul Stirling, top blokes the pair of them.