Ventura luggage for S1000XR

Wapping

Reaction score
Having used it for many years and thousands of miles on assorted bikes, I am a big fan of Ventura luggage, still using it on an HP4 (and an HP2 Megamoto) for touring as far away as the Dolomites for a fortnight.

The same luggage system is now available for the XR.

http://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/fitments/BMW/8467-s_1000_xr.aspx

If the style bag in the picture doesn't suit you, there are alternatives:

http://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/products/bikepack.aspx

Whilst it's tempting fate, I have never subscribed to the 'soft luggage is a thieves' paradise' school of terrors encountered whilst touring beyond Tesco; eschewing Pacsafe and Claymore mines as an unecessary addition to the overly long essentials of GS touring list. I do though keep a pound of butter in the fridge, to ward off elephants and bad Ju-Ju. So far it's worked.

As if by magic, it's no longer in the 'What helmet will match my awesome GS gloves?' section :dabone

:beerjug:

Mn
Having used it for many years and thousands of miles on assorted bikes, I am a big fan of Ventura luggage, still using it on an HP4 (and an HP2 Megamoto) for touring as far away as the Dolomites for a fortnight.

The same luggage system is now available for the XR.

http://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/fitments/BMW/8467-s_1000_xr.aspx

If the style bag in the picture doesn't suit you, there are alternatives:

http://www.ventura-bike.co.uk/products/bikepack.aspx

Whilst it's tempting fate, I have never subscribed to the 'soft luggage is a thieves' paradise' school of terrors encountered whilst touring beyond Tesco; eschewing Pacsafe and Claymore mines as an unecessary addition to the overly long essentials of GS touring list. I do though keep a pound of butter in the fridge, to ward off elephants and bad Ju-Ju. So far it's worked.

Why would anyone want to replace the tidy rack and top box fitment with the hideous and ugly Venturer rack

Terry

because it is an excellent solution for carrying luggage ???
Used one for years myself.
I suppose some people don't mind paying over the odds for shite quality panniers and boxes.

Mn

Why would anyone want to replace the tidy rack and top box fitment with the hideous and ugly Venturer rack

Terry

I don't think it is hideous, I've had bikers ask me what system it is on bikes before. It looks kinda cool , in a way a plastic box never can. The racking can easily be removed in about 20 minutes or so when not required.

Curious but do you have any pics of it on the HP4!

Looking into getting one with Ventura and it will be used for a tour or two! Hoping to hook up a nav V also?

Curious but do you have any pics of it on the HP4!

Looking into getting one with Ventura and it will be used for a tour or two! Hoping to hook up a nav V also?

If I have, there won’t be many as I’m not really into taking pictures of my bike. I know what it looks like, after all. I’ll see what I can find. I have a Nav V cradle mounted to the bike too, I’ll see if I can find a picture of that. I know I had one as a friend wanted to see it.

Irrespective, the luggage works well. I’m not much bothered by the aesthetics, more that it works, doesn’t fall off or snag anything. I don’t bother with a steel net or any of that guff either. I went away for up to two weeks at a time on the bike and on the odd short jaunt. All easily done.

P1010658-M.jpg

P1010662-M.jpg

IMG_1131-X5.jpg

And I don’t mind if it gets wet....

98745006efd740029584d09afbba05a0.jpg

Different luggage but hey....

IMG_0034-X5.jpg

Hoping to hook up a nav V also?

BMW Navigator cradle that I’ve mounted on the bike:

IMG_5407-X5.jpg

Cheers Wapping! This is perfect.

Having sold my GSA I'm looking for a HP4 Carbon! It will get used for touring on also.

I may need your help soon re: nav v if you don't mind :beerjug:

used the ventura for years on tuono cbr600 and s1000rr great system!
now have boxes for the gs
but will be fitting ventura rack to speed triple when I sork one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wapping, what brand of tank bag is that on your HP4 in picture five?

Stock boxes and top box are much better and better looking !
I can see putting that Ventura crap on a superbike where nothing is available from the factory but not on a XR were there is great stuff available right from the factory.
Soft luggage is a pain...

Back
Top Bottom