A Few Questions for our Kiwi Members

Grizzly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
My wife and I will be touring NZ for about 9 weeks from 7th Jan 2016 onwards and I hoped some of you could help with some ferry info?
We will be using the inter-island ferries and I had read somewhere that you need to book in advance - is this true?
Secondly, is one ferry a better choice than the other for any reason?
Finally, I read that you need to carry your own ratchet strap for tie down on the ferry! is this true - our bike is already in transit with no straps packed!

Cheers.......................Grizzly:beerjug:

All the ingredients for an awesome trip but how did it go? Was thinking of this type of winter sun hol but Euro based, now thinking NZ could be an option! Did you write this adventure up anywhere, if not any info on bike transportation and accom costs etc appreciated. Last time we did NZ in a camper but gs plus bnb a possibility. Thanks! Andy

Oops! Shame no one replied in time. Hope you had a great trip!

Hi Elle,
Grizzly pm'd me directly with loads of info and clearly he had a great trip. One prob with shipping yr bike appears to be the huge transit time, is buying and selling a bike (am thinking of something capable of two-up riding but lighter than a gs so ok for easy trials ~ 400cc?) a realistic option on say a 3 mnth stay? Thks

Back
Top Bottom