Matlock Bath

Fuckers are parked on the footpath, if thats what they do then they deserve to have to pay.

I'll have a ride out there with you Tim one day :thumb2

Me too, but you'll have to wait for me :rob

:beerjug:

Pickering in Yorkshire charges for motorcycles to park in the square. You still get plenty going there ( I think it is Pickering - it is on that road anyway!)

Personally, I don't think a couple of bob is too much of a hardship to park in the prime position on the roadside. How would people feel if the Council came up with the idea of free motorcycle parking in the furthest away carpark, but no motorcycle parking on the high street, or pay and display on the high street??

I think you're thinking of Helmsley. (and yes it is on that road :thumb )

I think you're thinking of Helmsley. (and yes it is on that road :thumb )

Many years ago went to Helmsley ... parked our bikes in a 'V' between the car parking bays ... Traffic Warden said, in no mistaken terms "Move 'Em" they really really weren't taking any useable space up, or in a pedestrians way. "OK" I said "We'll put the two bikes in a car space and get a ticket for them, as for a car"

"And you'll get a ticket for that" came the reply ....

.... soooo we went up to the Lion Hotel on Blakey Ridge for our lunch, and I've never been back to Helmsley since :nenau

Matlock Bath, Devils Bridge, Sherbern in Elmet .... I avoid like the plague :rob

Nice to know Matlock Bath is still alive and well. I used to ride up there in the 60s on Sundays. In fact I was having a dice with a Rocket Gold Star, got passed him, and then Mr Plod overtook us both and I got a £10 speeding ticket, a lot of money in them days. I was well impressed with Mr Plods riding. Mind you I was 2 up... Wasn't you was it Micky?

Nice to know Matlock Bath is still alive and well. I used to ride up there in the 60s on Sundays. In fact I was having a dice with a Rocket Gold Star, got passed him, and then Mr Plod overtook us both and I got a £10 speeding ticket, a lot of money in them days. I was well impressed with Mr Plods riding. Mind you I was 2 up... Wasn't you was it Micky?

The first time I went to Matlock would be in 1963 on the D7 BSA Bantam ... then I met Plod too (elsewhere) and got banned :eek:

Didn't have a Rocket Goldie until later on in to the 70's

Sooo nooo it wasn't me that gotya :D

The first time I went there I was on a 98cc James. The speeding ticket I was on a Tiger 100..........Happy days.:beerjug:

My first time to Mat Bath, was on my B25 gold star. Along with a pocketful of spanners.:D

Not been to Matlock Bath, but now egged on by this thread will give it a try.
It will be a nice run for me over the Cat & Fiddle then back home via the Snake Pass (mid week of course).

That article was from March 2013 which was the last time they tried to impose a parking charge.

I would think it highly likely that they will impose the charges after a short period of "free time" - it will be another deterant to go into the area like the 50 mph limits and the crap food......

Went there today, very very busy. Someone said their had been a flotilla show, followed by a protest against the proposed parking charges?

IMG_8658_zpsp0ari971.jpg

Had to visit the chippy, its the law..

IMG_8657_zpsdwqguomi.jpg

I still haven't got round to going here. My mates are going today, but I bet it will be rammed and the roads congested.
So I've found something else to do.:Motomartin:101:fnikefork

Plan B. Going on Tuesday when all will be quiet and the roads are clear.:)

I still haven't got round to going here. My mates are going today, but I bet it will be rammed and the roads congested.
So I've found something else to do.:Motomartin:101:fnikefork

Plan B. Going on Tuesday when all will be quiet and the roads are clear.:)

In the week its fine. Today, nightmare.

According to one of the cafe owners who is a councillor the parking meters are scrapped as there was too much opposition and the meters are very expensive.
They are concentrating on traffic wardens catching people who stay over their time and issuing fines.
Saw it for myself 3 weeks ago

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom