Finally got myself a trials bike...

mspenz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
And this is it, a 99' Beta Techno:

I know it's getting on a bit and needs a bit of work but it is mostly all there and in pretty good order, there's a couple of things to get and a few wee jobs to do but meantime I can and will use it :D

And I hate Dougie Lampkin...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w0NZlvXR0jc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nearly a classic.

Yeah, and getting more difficult to find spares for as I have now discovered!

For the eagle eyed the rear mudguard and subframe is from a 96' Techno so it's on the 'to do' list to replace.

Nice bike but feck me it is the first bike I've seen with a smaller fuel tank than the VFR1200! I don't fancy the range :augie

I had one back in my second (or was it third?) attempt at trials. A mate has a superb example that he has restored. If you get stuck for bits, let me know and I'll ask where he got parts from. Oh, and keep your feet up. :thumb
Mark

Nice bike but feck me it is the first bike I've seen with a smaller fuel tank than the VFR1200! I don't fancy the range :augie

:D, I'm definitely going to get caught out at some point! I think the range is around 35 miles but that's a long way if your messing around on trials.

I had one back in my second (or was it third?) attempt at trials. A mate has a superb example that he has restored. If you get stuck for bits, let me know and I'll ask where he got parts from. Oh, and keep your feet up. :thumb
Mark

Thanks Mark. I've been in touch with 'Trials and Tribulations' who have been very helpful and there's also splatshop.co.uk, another Ebay shop (whose name I can't remember at the moment) are good for small stuff like gaskets / o-rings & seals but some parts are now obsolete (brake lever for example) so it is very much a case of preserving what you have!

Cheers,

Mike.

Try John Lampkin at Beta UK

I have been but they didn't seem too interested in helping me out whereas Trials & Tribs have been brilliant. I suppose that it reaches a stage where a supplier like Beta UK have to keep up with demand and most demand is for newer models and you just can't stock everything!

I must try not to break it :rolleyes:

Now moved on from the Techno to a 2006 Sherco 290, very different and so much lighter!
I would also have a green lane bike if we had green lane access up here, all the wide open uninhabited space...dammnit :blast

Back
Top Bottom