Spanish Civil War tour September 2016

Simon_100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm panning a week long tour of sites in the Aragon Front - where George Orwell was stationed and described in Homage to Catalonia - and around the Battle of the Ebro sites in Catalonia.

y16.jpg

The tour includes some trail riding - weather permitting, so the numbers are limited to five and as it's the first time I'm doing this it will be for my expenses only.

Take a look at my site here for details.

Regs

Simon

A nice trip to go on and a good opportunity to learn something about a terrible war that ravaged Spain.

One suggestion: Think about tidying-up your website, editing out the 'I think we'll do this but we might do that'. It's fine for mates but you are 'selling' the jaunt, if only to cover your expenses.

Thanks Wapping - that's good feedback. In fact I have got the plan in detail so I'll amend it now - my site tends to suffer from playing secnd fiddle to other jobs - and the moment I'm planning the details for the Horizons Unlimited HUMM event for next October!

I also note that I got the numbers wrong in the original post - which now can't be edited apparently! - the total is six riders plus myself!

pa270030.jpg

Crossing the Los Monegros 'desert' can be challenging in strong wind -which is frequent - or after rain - which isn't! - the trails are composed of fine silt that is extremely difficult to ride when wet. In this case the Tour will have to stay on asphalt. But at the Ebro sites the terrain is apt for all weather and many sites are only accessible by easy trails.

pa270028.jpg

Looking back towards the Orwell Trenches site before dropping down into the Los Monegros.

Regs

Simon

Back
Top Bottom