Something for the weekend sir?

Looks good...

This is the first of these modified bikes I've seen where the stance is right. They often look too low at the back. Is that a result of longer shocks on the rear? Are the forks standard BMW?

If you set the rear suspension so that the driveshaft is in the proper alignment without raising the front of the motor then the back end always looks low, but the bike handles fine that way.
If you try and drop the front to give you the tail up stance the handling, and ground clearance, is crap.
But with that front tire you probably wouldn't notice the difference anyway --------------.

The rear shocks are too soft ,it's about right for me with full preload ,when dermot sits on it ,it's a bit squashed:D:D
Hagon to the rescue,
"No prob send them back we'll swap the springs"
I must say that whenever I deal with Hagon their customer service is superb :clap

This is the first of these modified bikes I've seen where the stance is right. They often look too low at the back. Is that a result of longer shocks on the rear? Are the forks standard BMW?

The angle of the shocks has been completely changed,the standard bike had upright shocks,we have moved the mounts forward and tipped them ,more like a g/s .

But with that front tire you probably wouldn't notice the difference anyway --------------.

My olde Bonnie has TKC80s in what must be similar sizes and it steers really fine. The grip in the dry is as good as the (Grimeca, lockheed replica) calliper and in the wet it's no worse than the 21" TKCs. I bought the tyre without realising quite how big it would look, but it looks cool (I am Steve McQueen! :D) and the wide bars and low CoG make it roll from side to side much more readily than I expected.

It's really rather better than I hoped and actually feels more neutral than the Kalahari did on its 21/18 TKCs, where the big (it's all relative;) ) back tyre and skinny front was more noticeable.

32472791431_4565a57699_k.jpg
[/url]Chilblain of the corn

Now that looks like a proper bike! My love of practicality would want the rear mudguard to come further forward and terminate below the swing arm. I think that the front of the seat would look better flared up the tank a bit and widening to the width of the tank.

I guess though that the bike wasn't designed to be the epitome of practicality so should work brilliantly for realtively short blats on sunny days. :D

Regarding the top yolk there is an American company that does a billet top triple tree which I saw on Advrider, sorry can't find a link.

I'm a bit behind here Packer , but would said Co. be " ToasterTan"? I know not of Company but said fella made me a decent one a while ago..

Oh... whilst I'm here why do peeps keep spelling Yoke as yolk ?? the former is the one unless its Chucky eggs you refer to then its the latter :blast

Back
Top Bottom