F800GS Fuel Filter

PaulinBont

Reaction score
BMW won't sell you one, they say you have to buy a complete pump assembly and that the parts fische doesn't show a fuel filter. Took the pump assembly out of the tank to clean the gauze strainer and lo and behold out there is a Mahle K315 cartridge filter.

A quick call to Motorworks and there is one on the way to me for £21.

There was some grit and debris settled on the bottom of the tank so a half-hour job worth doing, cleaned out the tank with a lint-free cloth, easy to do

I removed the filter from the tank and now have an in line filter between the tank and injectors. It will be much easier to change next time.

Putting the pump assembly back into the tank and making sure the seal stays in place in very tricky. The first time I did it, the seal wasnt right and fuel went everywhere when I filled it up.

117,000 miles and seven years later never had to do this :rob

Still running beautifully :D

:beerjug:

BMW won't sell you one, they say you have to buy a complete pump assembly and that the parts fische doesn't show a fuel filter. Took the pump assembly out of the tank to clean the gauze strainer and lo and behold out there is a Mahle K315 cartridge filter.

A quick call to Motorworks and there is one on the way to me for £21.

There was some grit and debris settled on the bottom of the tank so a half-hour job worth doing, cleaned out the tank with a lint-free cloth, easy to do

What a really crap design (pun in there somewhere)

Back
Top Bottom