Weathers kinda nice - time to ride!

Couple of pics from my jaunt to Mull. Did I mention it was done mid week? :D

Calgary beach was busy ish with half a dozen vans and a similar number of campers. All pleasant folk though and, other than me swearing at the midges, the evenings were quiet! Thursday was ehbasolutely byeling as we Embra folk say!
Calagary_beach.jpg

Took a run over to Iona on day two and a Hercules came screaming over Inchkenneth. Military traffic not such a common sight on the west coast these days.

Hercybird2.jpg

Inchkenneth house (bottom lh corner) has an interesting past.https://www.scotsman.com/news/open-door-to-mitfords-island-retreat-1-1875513

So :D ....

327 mile round trip for lunch at Crask Inn with the BMW club geezers. After 10 days of solid sun I managed to find a couple of hefty showers :blast

The new folk in it have now been there a year and are pleased with the way its going....highly recommended for lunch, or even a stop over. Nice people

So it was you standing up then :rolleyes: right enough, all those stickers you bought off ebay show you're a real world traveller ;) sure those fuel cans will come in handy when you run out in the middle between Tyndrum and Crainlarich :D

Didn't realise this was a cock waving topic about how far you travel on your "shakedowns" :blast I'll leave you now to tell all of your world travels :p

Ok you win, you are the daddy. I'm not going to bother posting pics from previous trips to places like Romania, Bosnia, Serbia, Albania, Macedonia and many other obscure out the way countries..Im also off to eastern Europe again next weekend for a 2 week solo trip.
Extremely sorry if it appeared that I was trying to have a go but you might remember that it was you who attacked me after I politely replied to one of your posts..but I'll be the one to apologise and suggest that this thread is fully restored to it's original form.

Timolgra's Iceland report was a good read but now it would just be nice if we all grew up and moved on :D

Gee. I was chuffed to reach Selkirk yesterday. With brekky in Moffat.

World traveller eh?

Absolutely brilliant roads. Mostly deserted.

A great wee 200 mile “shake down” to finally shag my rear tyre before getting a new pair fitted today.

Hopefully some trip photos attached :)

ps - Germany next month, honest

Attachments

• 939BC08B-589F-4A8F-B212-6A1DDA44CFF8.jpg
    939BC08B-589F-4A8F-B212-6A1DDA44CFF8.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 359
  • F6CA68F1-18F4-4F37-9518-43621DE4B115.jpg
    F6CA68F1-18F4-4F37-9518-43621DE4B115.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 9A2CF1A8-EFE2-4834-8D2B-26D5B3F8EBEF.jpg
    9A2CF1A8-EFE2-4834-8D2B-26D5B3F8EBEF.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 362
  • 02D32673-FB7F-4B8E-9F1A-5D33E439F4DC.jpg
    02D32673-FB7F-4B8E-9F1A-5D33E439F4DC.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 346
Ok you win, you are the daddy. I'm not going to bother posting pics from previous trips to places like Romania, Bosnia, Serbia, Albania, Macedonia and many other obscure out the way countries..Im also off to eastern Europe again next weekend for a 2 week solo trip.
Extremely sorry if it appeared that I was trying to have a go but you might remember that it was you who attacked me after I politely replied to one of your posts..but I'll be the one to apologise and suggest that this thread is fully restored to it's original form.

Timolgra's Iceland report was a good read but now it would just be nice if we all grew up and moved on :D

You were the one suggesting I never went outside my comfort zone, and why do I need an Africa Twin for just piddling along, or suggesting I had a wind break with me to Mull ffs or had my missus take the car..WTF, surprised you never mentioned the two canoes that were beside the wind break, suppose you thought they were mine as well.

Personally couldn't give a fuck where you've been, it and you mean nothing to me but don't expect me to sit back and take your shite and just say, ah ok, no my style fella. I still think you were carrying a ridiculous amount of gear, I still think you looked a twat standing up on your bike, you just got upset because I said so, now, where were we....

Had a night in Strathyre to celebrate my 50th With Dennis & Brian last night - me trying out my new tent I bought from here and Dennis trying his almost finished new camper van.

Tent was great as was the van...

IMG_20180608_155029 by deksawyer, on Flickr

D.

Ah,

A Vaude Mk 2

Didn't think think there were too many about ?
Absolutely love this tent, tried the Kyam biker, Vango etc, just think that this is the best suited for me, others might differ ??

Goes up and away in jig time, no worries and it has seen me through some pretty unpleasant gales in the West Coast.
If you can try one, I would, you would be surprised in the space inside v wrapped up dimensions.
Although I would recommend a light groundsheet below the tent footprint as a back up.

No intentional thread hi jack intended :D

Took a wee buzz round Splugen, Tavullia Sorrento Rome Mugello and back hame:thumb2

Finally warmed up a bit in time for me to take mine to Parks for a service....left at 0630.

Having got a F800GT as a loaner first stop was Mcaskie Butchers in Wemyss Bay to see my mate, the owner, for brekkie.

Then along to Gourock and a bob on the briny to Dunoon, a trundle up to Strachur, the Rest And Be Thankull(what a roadworks going on there...) Loch Lomondside, weegie and thence to Parks, collect mine and roar home. Loads of traffic on the loch side.Yuk.

What about the 800? OK, but I wouldn't buy one....bit gutless and relying on an elastic band? No thanks. Bit cramped for me anyway.

Anyhow got me and my load of 30 day rib eye steaks back safe.

Collected the new Burgman yesterday afternoon, out for a wee bimble today with the Mrs on board, 160 miles and pleased to report she enjoyed being back on two wheels, here's a wee pic taken at Lochearn...

9bjbxf.jpg

Looks anything but minus 33 :)

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

32c in Kirkstone Pass. Too hot for an RT! The mrs couldn't handle it.
0fed4bd13e0576085738c341b892fb1d.jpg
008c5a8c8227f905f310838b87d64ba9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom