More TROs...

Steve R

Reaction score
Had a depressing ride around the Peak District yesterday. Nice weather, happy ramblers, who all smiled and said hello, but lots of evidence of 4x4s deliberately widening decent, stoney tracks by getting onto soft verges and digging massive trenches to test their expertise. This is on the moor above Chatsworth, the track north from Darley Dale and Edensor.

Then, on Edensor, a weird noise made me pull over to see what was wrong with the bike. I was then overtaken by two very loud off road buggies who were racing. Actually racing. How they got past the family of five with the two dogs that I'd just bimbled past I dread to think. A local couple further up the track told me they'd seen them racing before. Actually doing lap after lap, up Edensor.

This is the end I think. We can't fight rich yobs who think they can do this. It's only a matter of time before there are more TROs. To be honest, if I was ROW Officer for Peak Park, I'd TRO them now.

Anybody else seen this?

Steve.

Bastards. Should have reported them to the police.

Racing is against the law on any "road".

Had a depressing ride around the Peak District yesterday. Nice weather, happy ramblers, who all smiled and said hello, but lots of evidence of 4x4s deliberately widening decent, stoney tracks by getting onto soft verges and digging massive trenches to test their expertise. This is on the moor above Chatsworth, the track north from Darley Dale and Edensor.

Then, on Edensor, a weird noise made me pull over to see what was wrong with the bike. I was then overtaken by two very loud off road buggies who were racing. Actually racing. How they got past the family of five with the two dogs that I'd just bimbled past I dread to think. A local couple further up the track told me they'd seen them racing before. Actually doing lap after lap, up Edensor.

This is the end I think. We can't fight rich yobs who think they can do this. It's only a matter of time before there are more TROs.

To be honest, if I was ROW Officer for Peak Park, I'd TRO them now.

Anybody else seen this?

Steve.

Me too, Steve

i'd do it and do it in 2016

It's totally anti-social and needs banning, it has no place in a National Park

Abuse like that is the pits and needs curtailing

I'd put gates up

How did you know that they were racing?

Are you saying that they were racing because they were going faster than you?

Are you saying that they were racing because one overtook the other?

Smug - if you are incapable of joining in an intelligent debate go hang out somewhere else. "Were they going faster than you?". Sorry, I never argue with stupid people so please don't contribute to this serious post again. I hope the moderator agrees with me.

Back
Top Bottom