GS Challenge 2016

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Although there is no formal GS Trophy this year, BMW have decided to run a similar event on 28-30th May called GS Challenge. Main difference is you won't be competing for a place in the Trophy world finals but that won't bother 99% of people.

I've already entered as it is only £99. Amazing value to be able to ride at Off road skills venue and trash sorry ride their bikes off road.

Not sure if they are doing team entries but happy to join up with others from here as a Team UKGSER.

Sid

I'm in too Sid.

More details on the event are available on Facebook here.

I'd be up for Team UKGSER if they are running teams.

Mark

I'm in.
Doing it as part of a dealer team. Really looking forward to giving it my best shot.

Cheers Dave.

I'm still up for a team UKGSER. I contacted Ocean BMW to see if they are entering a team but they never replied.
I will definitely be there.
Sid

Ok so we have a Team Tosser / UKGSER :)

Me = Crapaud = Sid Horman
Pacific
Kyoojitsu
Smithy 6 7

I'll be there early in my old classic Hymer motorhome within my old classic R1100 GS. The Hymer will have fridge full of cold drinks and I can cater for four so it will make a good team HQ.

Looking to seeing everyone next week.

Just spoken to BMW and they are happy for us to enter as an official team of four as Team UKGSER. Sign on from 4.00pm and tell them you are part of this team.
Welcome to find me first in my old Hymer motorhome and I can help sort out the details. I've done this even a few times before and managed to qualify in 7th place last year out of 300+ entrants.
It is a great fun event.
A lot of the tests on the first day are like scavenger hunt events. Much easier if you are in a team to share different skills.

See you all on Saturday.

Sid
07880 658338

Bollocks! All ready to go and problem with Hymer. All loaded up with food and beer and the damn thing won't start.
Looks like I will have to ride over Saturday and bring tent.:(

Look out for dirty old R1100GS with 41 lt tank.

Bit last minute but signed up for this today. Was previously headed for France but no hurry bearing in mind the trouble at the pumps.

Sid will send you a text and hope to meet up with the tosser team :thumb2

edit: what's everyone doing for dinner tomorrow?

Rainbow's two teams set off this lunch time for Wales :thumb

Good luck guys'n gals :beerjug:

i-TXXwWGQ-L.jpg

I'm now on site. Where is everyone?

I've camped in the left side of field as you enter through the gate, next to the first bmw flag. Easy to spot my bike with the "Tosser" sign on the back.
I'm currently in the bar only so I can use their wifi. But they insist that I have to drink whilst online....

So far we have a team of only two, me and Pacific. We have a start time of 11.26 so still plenty of time for others to join us. You still compete as individuals but are also eligible for team prizes.

Great day. I didn't manage to wreck any of the ORS bikes this year. Made a few stupid mistakes but brilliant fun. Fantastic event.

Really want to do this next year.. Be good to hook up with others who have done it previously for a few tips. Looks like great fun.

Back
Top Bottom