Simmer Dim '16

Nah. If you send an email to simmerdimrally@gmail.com asking to be put on the list, you'll get sent an application form when they come out in February.
Then it's the first 250 applications they receive that get tickets.
No special list or owt like that.
All sold out for this year unfortunately, but there's always folk drop out, so if you're keen, drop them a note asking to go on the standby list.....you never know.

Thanks Dave but probably not. I don't know if it's still the case but they used to insist that if you were going you had to camp on site. I'm getting too old for crawling into a sleeping bag in a wet tent and I've got enough friends on Shetland that I wouldn't be stuck for a bed. It's getting on for 5 years since I was last there when my son and I went to Orkney and then Shetland on our bikes but as much as I'd like to go back up.....

Those days are gone. Plenty of folk stay in nearby b&bs. The only thing they say is no cars or vans on the campsite which is fair enough. Some take T5s and the like and park on the verge nearby. Some of the regulars are getting a bit creaky for camping.

We won't be attending the rally but may be along for a nosy on Sat p.m. Do get in touch via PM if you'd like to meet up at any time or just want a contact in case you need a breather, bike breaks down, you get washed out of your tent ... .

Nah. If you send an email to simmerdimrally@gmail.com asking to be put on the list, you'll get sent an application form when they come out in February.
Then it's the first 250 applications they receive that get tickets.
No special list or owt like that.
All sold out for this year unfortunately, but there's always folk drop out, so if you're keen, drop them a note asking to go on the standby list.....you never know.

I've always fancied going to the simmerdim and never actually done anything about finding out how to get my hands on a ticket. Now I know I'll get an email off and wait for the form.

Thanks for the info.

Andy

Doubt you'll get much response for the next few weeks. Drop them an email toward the end of the year asking to be invited next year.
When you get your form through in February - make sure you send it off the same day.

Back
Top Bottom