Speedyvets - clothing/helmet supplier but be warned

Jurassic Mark

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On the 28th December I was browsing the web looking for a new bike jacket as the zip on my old one had retired. I found the jacket I was looking for on Speedyvets.com. Price in UK pounds and it even talked about free delivery via Royal Mail. There prices were very good so I ordered one. Couple of days later I noticed the monies paid had been transferred into US dollars. Still not too worried, I checked the website and indeed international delivery was also free. I sent them an email to confirm that they were happy to send to the UK. Heard nothing. Second email, nothing and third email..... You get the picture. Contacted my credit card company and cancelled the transaction and got my money back. Still heard nothing from them. Just thought I would warn any other UKGSER's who happen to come across this website. Don't bother would be my advice.

Scam Websites

Yes, avoid them like the plague!

www.speedyvets.com and www.thecityslums.com are known to be scam websites. Some more info here on Infinity's website.

The scammers are getting very crafty, but a quick check through their T&Cs will show they've been copy/pasted from another genuine site. They also have no contact info (head office address, phone number or email) = alarm bells!

It's still pretty easy to be taken in though and sorry to hear you got stung, but glad to hear you got a refund.

Maybe I should post something in the "Spotted a Bargain" section!

Dom

Back
Top Bottom