Africa Twin is HERE !!!

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok , time for another AT thread just to please Engineer !!!

How about you guys who have taken delivery post up any useful info and detail any mods you make. But let's keep it useful , unlike the toilet section where they have 20 page threads on using headlights at night etc ....

I'll start with pics stolen from the other small thread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454114473.382895.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1454114484.649070.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

What is useful about 2 pictures:nenau

It's very useful as it shows two types of AT owners....

Ones a picture of a chap that represents many of the new owners, those who did not require a self indulgent thread about their journey to owning an AT, those that intend to get on and do, those who will post the od usefull update....

Ones a picture of a chap that represents many of the new owners, those who did not require a self indulgent thread about their journey to owning an AT, those that intend to get on and do, those who will post the od usefull update....

Fuck me, that's nailed it;)

I think these are useful. We can see that the Honda panniers look shite.:D

More than :agree:agree . Dreadful considering the rest of the bike bar foot pegs and rear brake lever looks pretty good in the flesh. I will test ride one but those panniers really do look like an old dewalt drill box. They even have the same clasps.:blast

Great bike bike though overall may you all have many happy miles :clap:clap:clap

Ok , time for another AT thread just to please Engineer !!!

How about you guys who have taken delivery post up any useful info and detail any mods you make. But let's keep it useful , unlike the toilet section where they have 20 page threads on using headlights at night etc ....

OK I'll add in a bit here......:D

I had the tyres swapped out at the dealers to ones that I also run on my current RD07A - TKC80 front / Mefo MFE99 rear - as I feel very confident on them, and after Conti changed the recipe for the TKC80, I couldn't make a rear last a trip down to the Alps & back safely.

_C8_4191A-X2.jpg

The RNS Tripmeter (you can download the manual HERE) and Ltd Edition Book should be with your dealer by March at the latest. Make sure you confirm you are one of the first 300 and chase them for it :D:D

It would seem that none of the 'big name' aftermarket manufacturers will have any product physically available until the end of February at the earliest.

• Current replacement silencers are offered from Termignoni, Remus, Arrow, and BOS
  • The two manufacturers who currently have replacement (non CAT) headers in development are Termignoni and Arrow. Remus / Akrapovic have not released any news if they are going to be doing these.
  • Powerbronze, MRA and Givi have said they will be developing replacement screens, but no indication of timeline :nenau
  • SW Motech, Touratech, Hepco&Becker, Givi, and Holan are offering hard luggage options
  • Titax are offering their complete range of levers, once the new CRF1000 adapter is available from the end of February
  • Puig are offering their Enduro pegs, but no date given on when the specific CRF1000 adapters will be available (these would be a good upgrade for the pillion pegs)
  • Rizoma will be offering rider pegs as a branded product through the Honda dealers only.
  • PivotPegz - I haven't been able to get any info from them..............YET!! :eek:
  • Acerbis are apparently developing a branded Honda range (only available through your dealer) - handguards, Plastic Bashplate, Frameguards
  • Scottoiler are offering a CRF1000 specific kit - available from mid February.

My bike is going into the factory next week for an exhaustive CAD session - we're concentrating on a Bashplate, Radiator and Oil Cooler Guards, Rear Carrier, and a few other items first, then onto Crashbars :thumb2

Just a small piece of useless (sorry useful ) information :D Those of you with an i.phone can go to the App Store and download the new Africa Twin App, quite good too ,

Ones a picture of a chap that represents many of the new owners, those who are excited to take delivery of a new bike that hasn't got GS written on the tank but when share such excitement on a motorcycle forum have some sad fuckers take a swipe, the other shows a chap who has bought the AT as a company test bed to develop and flog a load of products to guys like the first chap....

Fixed it fo ya

Just a small piece of useless (sorry useful ) information :D Those of you with an i.phone can go to the App Store and download the new Africa Twin App, quite good too ,

Shouldn't all bikes now come with an App?

what's this app thing then ??? i'm heading off on a big trip soon, do you think i should invest in one for my gsa ? are they a comfort thing ??

....don't suppose there's a chance you'll be arranging for me to get a seat UG then :D

I would,except it's virtually a thing of the past now as all upgrades have to be accounted for via the chief hosties ipad and so we are really only able to do such stuff for staff passengers these days.

I think these are useful. We can see that the Honda panniers look shite.:D

More than :agree:agree . Dreadful considering the rest of the bike bar foot pegs and rear brake lever looks pretty good in the flesh. I will test ride one but those panniers really do look like an old dewalt drill box. They even have the same clasps.:blast

Great bike bike though overall may you all have many happy miles :clap:clap:clap

Actually I think they are fine !! Had a good look at them when I was offered a set for under £300 and they are like varios that are fixed-very tough plastic but also very light and they won't leak as they are sold by Honda !

My pooter skills are limited ! So does any tosser have the ability to photo shop gold wheels on a red bike and black on a white bike, I'm very tempted to buy one after my ride on the DCT .

Much appreciated if anyone can assist

My pooter skills are limited ! So does any tosser have the ability to photo shop gold wheels on a red bike and black on a white bike, I'm very tempted to buy one after my ride on the DCT .

Much appreciated if anyone can assist

No but I can show you one sat on the toilet if that helps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454257914.735523.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tosserbollockery

Back
Top Bottom