Africa Twin is HERE !!!

That yours? Or did you borrow it? Hope you washed it before you gave it back :D

I've been out on mine today in the mud and murk. All I can say is, what a brilliantly balanced motorcycle :thumb2

Of course that's not his! Or him.:D

Here's a handy wee mod for not much money (or free if you're stunningly handsome :D)..... a pair of Triumph Tiger 800 screen adjuster bolts. Replaces the ordinary bolts holding the pillion seat on and lets you easily access the space underneath (I think Honda fits their alarm in this space). I've used the room to fit my puncture repair kit and multitool which leaves the space under the riders seat for other crap. :thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_2511.jpg
    IMG_2511.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_2512.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 237
Here's a handy wee mod for not much money (or free if you're stunningly handsome :D)..... a pair of Triumph Tiger 800 screen adjuster bolts. Replaces the ordinary bolts holding the pillion seat on and lets you easily access the space underneath (I think Honda fits their alarm in this space). I've used the room to fit my puncture repair kit and multitool which leaves the space under the riders seat for other crap. :thumb2

Nice one i like it...The simple ideas are always the best :thumb2

Never liked the 'pattern' on the fairing panel with the Honda badge on it. Some said it was a map of Africa....I just thought it was stupid. Sooooo.....had them smoothed down and painted gloss black. I was tempted to have them done white, but I chickened out of that idea and really happy with how they look now. :thumb2
I'm betting that most folk won't even notice the difference. :D

How did you remove the reflectors from the front forks? The fasteners seem to be enclosed and I don't want to use brute force :eek: I know you've posted about this somewhere else, but a search doesn't bring it up. Thanks

Page 17 of this thread, but I never gave any detail about taking the reflectors off which is why you can't find what you're looking for.

IIRC, the only way is by removing the front guard (which is the most convoluted mudguard known to man !). There's wee bolts on the back of the mudguard stays when taken out that let you get in to the nuts that hold the reflectors on. Leaves two small holes which I covered with the small Arai stickers.

Page 17 of this thread, but I never gave any detail about taking the reflectors off which is why you can't find what you're looking for.

IIRC, the only way is by removing the front guard (which is the most convoluted mudguard known to man !). There's wee bolts on the back of the mudguard stays when taken out that let you get in to the nuts that hold the reflectors on. Leaves two small holes which I covered with the small Arai stickers.

Thanks for that. I might give it a go when I've fitted the rest of my 'extras' :)

Back
Top Bottom