MotoGP on the doorstep now a bit closer.......

I don't know why, but this whole project has always had 'I will believe it when I see it' written all over it.....Sort of like the news that F1 was going to Donington (circa 2008 ish)...

See you all at the British MotoGP in 2018.........at Silverstone.......;)

I really would like to see a world class circuit, with good road access in the SW, this project represents the closest likely to match my requirements but like johnnie comet I have my doubts that it will actually be ever completed never mind in this decade.

Fingers crossed

It would be great to see it happen but as said above I'll believe it when I see it.

It's going to be the Welsh Laguna Seca!

one of the circuit's most attractive features would be that the track undulates with a height equivalent to 12 double decker buses between the highest and lowest points.

As a proud Welshman I would love to see this work out....but even if they get it off the ground it will be a miracle if it survives in the long term IMHO. It just sounds like someones wet dream rather than a workable long term commercial proposition. We shall see...

As a proud Welshman I would love to see this work out....but even if they get it off the ground it will be a miracle if it survives in the long term IMHO. It just sounds like someones wet dream rather than a workable long term commercial proposition. We shall see...

Wet being the operative word

the weather up there aint the best, lots of space though, expect it to be covered in wind turbines in years to come.

I'm from Ebbw Vale and spent my youth trampng arou d that area. If it happens "I'll show you my Arse"...... as they say about incredulous things

I'm also from Ebbw Vale and the rain on Llangynidr Moors doesn't come down, it goes horizontal.

Would love to see it happen though.

I guess it'd be good to have another world class Motorsport facility in the UK, but why a far flung corner in Wales ? Saying that, it'll be good for the Irish contingent to pop over on a ferry, however, will the UK fans travel the distance to watch races ? You know what many on here are like when it comes to bike sales....unless it's on their back door, they can't be bothered travelling.

We live near Salisbury, Thruxton is 20 minutes away, Silverstone is 1-/34 hrs and very easy to get to, but boring. Brands and Donnington are about 2-1/4 hrs away.

I'm guessing COW will be 2 hrs from here but being new will have great facilities, exciting layout so it's a winner, if it happens. It has to be good for anyone in the SW.

I guess it'd be good to have another world class Motorsport facility in the UK, but why a far flung corner in Wales ? Saying that, it'll be good for the Irish contingent to pop over on a ferry, however, will the UK fans travel the distance to watch races ? You know what many on here are like when it comes to bike sales....unless it's on their back door, they can't be bothered travelling.

Davy - Mongolia is far flung, South Africa is far flung, the Arctic Circle is far flung - you ride a mighty, unstoppable, continent crushing, mile munching, world conquering GS so wet, west Wales is hardly far flung my friend. :blast:p

Davy - Mongolia is far flung, South Africa is far flung, the Arctic Circle is far flung - you ride a mighty, unstoppable, continent crushing, mile munching, world conquering GS so wet, west Wales is hardly far flung my friend. :blast:p

Errrrr, its not West Wales or a far flung corner of Wales . Its in South Wales, down near the bottom, right corner of Wales, very close to the border and the bridges but not close enough to be contaminated by you fekkas :thumb

The A465, Heads of Valley road has been upgraded, but they still need to sort out Black Rock.

Easy to get to from the Midlands and over the Seven Bridge via Newport, Cardiff.

Back
Top Bottom