GSA Spotlight 2009

Deleted account 200502001

Reaction score
Any suggestions for suppliers of original spotlights please for my 2009 GSA? Who makes the originals?

I smashed my spotlight off my bike the other day, caught it on a wall when pushing it in the garage. The casing has snapped with the light separating from its bracket, and dangling on its wire. Ive taped it up for now, but need a new one.

Additionally, does anyone know of a UK supplier of the Wild@Heart spotlight relocation brackets?

spotlight-assembly-4-566x293.jpg

only thing about putting the fogs there is if you have them on all the time are the indicators visible enough near that light source?
also the bit you have broken is available as a seperate part from bm

only thing about putting the fogs there is if you have them on all the time are the indicators visible enough near that light source?

Thats a good point, hadn't thought of that

also the bit you have broken is available as a seperate part from bm

Great, Ill ride over to Rainbow BMW and see if they have it. Do you know what the part is called so I can check prices online please?

Thanks

Thanks, I've nipped to Rainbow BMW and picked up what i hope is the only part needed - £18.

Oh, and whilst I was there they managed to sign me up for a 3hr test ride on a new GSA next week:blast

IMG_8980_zpsekhyzllo.jpg

Have you got the bits?
I smashed a spot on my GSA. Seem to recall the replacement cost was a bit eye watering.
So I bodged it back together using glue then hid the bodgery with some funky protectors from NN.

EDIT: Oh just noticed that you're sorted...carry on.

Oh, and whilst I was there they managed to sign me up for a 3hr test ride on a new GSA next week:blast

That could turn out to be one expensive fog light repair :eek: will we be "treated"to 15 pages of should I change my bike :blast

Got it al repaired today, fairly easy job to do...

Heres the broken bracket i was left with on the bike. Upon examination I discovered that its actually made of cheese, which is probably why it snapped so easily?

IMG_8996_zpszpukuoeh.jpg

And the spot light dangling on its cable

IMG_8998_zpsa9oiko4l.jpg

I removed the broken bracket from the crash bar and then removed the 4 x screws holding the outer halves of the spotlight together, which then came away easily..

IMG_9001_zpsfogtbwr4.jpg

Revealing the inner part

IMG_9002_zpsuiqop079.jpg

There were a few bits rattling about inside the light assembly, if anyone know what the broken back plastic collar thing is please let me know, and likewise if anyone knows what the tube with the blue cap is for...

IMG_9003_zpswjnxxepg.jpg

To estabish exactly where the metal collar thing should live I removed the other spotlight and inspected it, discovering that it should live on the cable connector..

Without the metal collar..
IMG_9010_zpsf4pkbfe2.jpg

With the metal collar (It fits on in a particular direction and needs pressing in, when reinserting the bulb this locks the bulb into the spotlight housing when giving it a quarter turn)..

IMG_9014_zpsvoil114z.jpg

I reassembled the spotlight using the new part i had purchased yesterday..

IMG_8980_zpsekhyzllo.jpg

And tested the bulbs before connecting them back to the crash bars, result...

IMG_9015_zpszsojjeer.jpg

Refitted both spotlights..

IMG_9017_zpscn34m9bf.jpg

I see now why you are not swapping to the LED option 50,000 hours LED life (but only a few weeks lamp case life). ;)

Just broke the exact same part again, in exactly the same way :mad:

Off to Rainbow tomorrow to buy another £18 replacement part :mad:

What you need is to paint a line for your front wheel to follow into the garage. A bit like airport taxiing lines for 'planes.

Obviously, work out clearances before painting else it'll cost you a lot of £18s with daily collisions. HTH. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom