Ok tell me about your Yamaha T Max experience

Akra is essential fit as ridden by all the local Kamikaze pilots here in Gibraltar - a.k.a the Yamaha Tw*t Max......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the Black ones are sold out, leaving only Blue for this year. Not cheap granted but great bikes.

I was going to get one but my Mk 4 is going well , better with the miles in fact,

However just had a 12000 mile service + a new set of Tyres ............................................£800 !!

You have to take all the body off to get to the 4 air filters/ transmission filters and its a new V belt

Otherwise easy to look after and great for day in day out miles :thumby:

Oh and yes it needs an Akrapovic :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L5FKgyyXR2M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I believe I have a Jcosta variator sitting unused on a shelf in my garage should anyone be interested ? Never got around to fitting it, and the scoot is long gone.

Silver wing

I have had a t max and silverwing, no way is the t max worth the extra money over a silverwing. It's just not, in my opinion.

I have another silver wing and it does what a maxi scooter should do far better than a t max.

If performance is what you want get a proper fast bike ?

But buy what makes you happy

Don't want to steal the thread: any thoughts about its little sibling, the xmax 250 ?
For city commuting

Are maxiscoots going to be the next big thing?
I use mine far more than the S10... I don't know what to make of that lol

I believe I have a Jcosta variator sitting unused on a shelf in my garage should anyone be interested ? Never got around to fitting it, and the scoot is long gone.
I would like it if you still have it , I've got a Tmax500 mk3 , would it fit ? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm now seriously considering a T-max after riding a mates Burgman 400. I couldn't stop grinning.

..............Robbo, you have a PM.

I bit the bullet and bought a new Tmax DX recently.Traded in my T120 Black which turned out to be the biggest pile of shit I've ever owned ( well,apart from a K1200S :aidan).

Anyway,I went for black DX with topbox and back rest.Got an Akra on order.It doesn't need one,obviously but got a great deal on it and a tad more noise and poke won't hurt.

The Tmax IS silly money,but in DX variety,it's bloody good !!!!

Not done a huge amount of miles yet but am loving it.
Trying to run it in a tad so not gassing the fucker too much just yet,but it's got some grunt.

Only had 2 scoots before-a Gilera Runner 180 stroke ,which flew, and a Kwak J300 last year,which served it's purpose last summer when I was car-less.

But the Tmax is in another league.The J300 was good for getting about locally,but was a bit flat and didn't let you stretch out feet forward like the Tmax does.

I specced the top box with back rest on mine to increase luggage/shopping carrying capability and will be better for g/f on the back too.

The finish on the bike seems very good.

I like the comfort/riding position.The dash is very clear and intuitive.
All the controls work well.Heated grips and seat both have three-stage heating and both get plenty hot.
The eleccy screen is fantastic and on the fully high position sits you in a bubble of peace !!
I've even been using the cruise control a fair bit on open roads-we have silly 35mph speed limit,so I set the cruise to 40ish which stops speeds creeping up too much,and being a scoot without gears,it's very easy and smooth to use and one can simply hit resume as soon as a stretch of clear road appears.
The keyless ignition/locking works very well.

I took my J300 to Brittany with my ex last summer and can already see a plan with g/f to go further afield.

I always try and get down to Castellane early in the season and that normally involved a few nights there including a blat down the Route Napoleon to have lunch in Antibes.

The place is full of maxi scoots and I've often thought it would be the ideal tool down there (as it is locally here).

So I think I'll fly the g/f to Nice,ride down a few days earlier and then pick her up to have a base in Castellane for a few days.

Should have plenty luggage capability with under seat storage and top box.Just need to sort GPS fixing.

Can't really fault it so far.

9c7576011d70ca54e265c69680ecae7e.jpg

b703442c417192b1a741e29a1f4e5507.jpg

6eb3509092406295a117ff28b3d80b55.jpg

bb723e88984c512eaf1a19795cb32bf3.jpg

Thanks for the review, very interesting. I'm finding my mk4 530 a bit dull, and altho I've only done 2000m on it (had it for 18 months) I'm thinking about chopping it in for the DX.

PS I'm in Antibes every other weekend from March - October, I keep my mk3 down there, perfect for the south of France traffic. More fun to ride than the mk4 for some reason.

I bit the bullet and bought a new Tmax DX recently.Traded in my T120 Black which turned out to be the biggest pile of shit I've ever owned ( well,apart from a K1200S :aidan).

Anyway,I went for black DX with topbox and back rest.Got an Akra on order.It doesn't need one,obviously but got a great deal on it and a tad more noise and poke won't hurt.

The Tmax IS silly money,but in DX variety,it's bloody good !!!!

Not done a huge amount of miles yet but am loving it.
Trying to run it in a tad so not gassing the fucker too much just yet,but it's got some grunt.

Only had 2 scoots before-a Gilera Runner 180 stroke ,which flew, and a Kwak J300 last year,which served it's purpose last summer when I was car-less.

But the Tmax is in another league.The J300 was good for getting about locally,but was a bit flat and didn't let you stretch out feet forward like the Tmax does.

I specced the top box with back rest on mine to increase luggage/shopping carrying capability and will be better for g/f on the back too.

The finish on the bike seems very good.

I like the comfort/riding position.The dash is very clear and intuitive.
All the controls work well.Heated grips and seat both have three-stage heating and both get plenty hot.
The eleccy screen is fantastic and on the fully high position sits you in a bubble of peace !!
I've even been using the cruise control a fair bit on open roads-we have silly 35mph speed limit,so I set the cruise to 40ish which stops speeds creeping up too much,and being a scoot without gears,it's very easy and smooth to use and one can simply hit resume as soon as a stretch of clear road appears.
The keyless ignition/locking works very well.

I took my J300 to Brittany with my ex last summer and can already see a plan with g/f to go further afield.

I always try and get down to Castellane early in the season and that normally involved a few nights there including a blat down the Route Napoleon to have lunch in Antibes.

The place is full of maxi scoots and I've often thought it would be the ideal tool down there (as it is locally here).

So I think I'll fly the g/f to Nice,ride down a few days earlier and then pick her up to have a base in Castellane for a few days.

Should have plenty luggage capability with under seat storage and top box.Just need to sort GPS fixing.

Can't really fault it so far.

9c7576011d70ca54e265c69680ecae7e.jpg

b703442c417192b1a741e29a1f4e5507.jpg

6eb3509092406295a117ff28b3d80b55.jpg

bb723e88984c512eaf1a19795cb32bf3.jpg

Martin , did you find a sat nav kit for the DX ? The one on the yam site looks like it won't do Tom Tom ?

Martin , did you find a sat nav kit for the DX ? The one on the yam site looks like it won't do Tom Tom ?

Not looked since we 'spoke',to be honest.

I'm sure some one will do something for the new T Maxs soon but couldn't find anything on the 'net when I last looked.

I tried my sat nav (550) on my MkII, had it mounted on the Ram plate which replaces the clutch master cylinder cover and wired in to the sidelight for switched power. TBH I was never very happy with it as the mount vibrated too much.

Back
Top Bottom