Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ok tell me about your Yamaha T Max experience

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Fitted the GPS/phone mount with USB feed so I can use my phone for mapping .

Bloody pain to fit as the feed for the power was down low on the right side so the bike had to be stripped

When I decided to make the change from my 2013 almost one owner GS LC and buy a TMax, I googled "TMax Forum". Imagine my surprise to be led to our beloved GS Forum. It seems I'm not alone in thinking it should be my next motor cycling experience. Is there a specific TMax Forum does anyone know?
    The positive reports from the people who matter, the owners, prompted me to place an order for a black one for delivery on March the first.
    I had to buy my GS untested as the dealer age limit prevented such a test and so it was with the TMax. I know my instinct will not let me down.
    In a week or two, I shall post the GS for sale in the appropriate section but if any one in advance of that is interested, give me a ring or Email harolddeutsch@gmail.com

This Tmax would be fun, but tad pricey me bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    This Tmax would be fun, but tad pricey me bets.

Love that.....never thought I’d see someone ‘backing in’ a t max
    Untitled

Had one for 2 weeks in Bali last year - if you are lanky like me and you turn the handle bars to quick you will hit your knees tbh it didn't give me the wow factor I was expecting - prev year in Bali I had a S Max 150cc and my Mrs said she much preferred it - she said it was more comfortable to sit on as a passenger

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Fitted the GPS/phone mount with USB feed so I can use my phone for mapping .

Bloody pain to fit as the feed for the power was down low on the right side so the bike had to be stripped
    Dropped mine off at my dealer for a service and to fit the heated grips GPS mount last week
    Imagine my surprise to find it more or les completely disassembled / front off Panels off to do it
    It took the dealer 2 days to do it , luckily as part of the deal when I bought it
    I felt pretty sick when I saw it , looked like stolen / recovered ��All done now though I am told as I'm out in Vietnam . They gave me a burgman 400 while it was being done , amazing how different it was to the t max ��
    You Soft Southern Jessy

My Glass is half Full

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo1200ADV View Post
    Dropped mine off at my dealer for a service and to fit the heated grips GPS mount last week
    Imagine my surprise to find it more or les completely disassembled / front off Panels off to do it
    It took the dealer 2 days to do it , luckily as part of the deal when I bought it
    I felt pretty sick when I saw it , looked like stolen / recovered ��All done now though I am told as I'm out in Vietnam . They gave me a burgman 400 while it was being done , amazing how different it was to the t max ��
    That’s crazy !!

I followed the instructions and it took me 90 minutes to strip it but then I couldn’t get the fairing off as not sure which bolts to undo and not covered by instructions .So took it to dealer for them to do that bit and wire it up .Then built it back up myself.

I’m meant to be taking it to the S of France for a week at end of March but it’ll be hard not to take the new H2 SX if it pitches up and is run in in time !

Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    I’m meant to be taking it to the S of France for a week at end of March but it’ll be hard not to take the new H2 SX if it pitches up and is run in in time !
    Are you riding it down, or having it shipped? I'll be in Antibes myself for a week from 17 March 2018, come and have a beer if you are local.

Quote Originally Posted by jtb View Post
    Are you riding it down, or having it shipped? I'll be in Antibes myself for a week from 17 March 2018, come and have a beer if you are local.
    Shipped ? Ha ha no chance !

Half the fun is riding down.
    Staying in Castellane for five nights but will,definitely stop by in Antibes for lunch as usual .

Is there a way to keep the battery charged using an Optimate via the accessory socket in the cubby hole on the right ?

I've been away a fair bit and not used the Tmax and the battery was flat so I stuck it on charge.But the battery is behind the panel on the left and it doesn't seem to be designed to be removed on a regular basis.
    I can probably fit a permanent lead like this

Screen_Shot_2018-02-14_at_11.04.33

There's room to route it up through to the bars but it might look a bit messy,so using the so accessory socket would be a much neater option.

I tried plugging in my Optimate using the socket adaptor but it wouldn't take the charge.I assume the socket is only live when the ignition is on ?

Is there any way to make it permanently live,and if so would this charge the battery ?
    It works on other bikes so there must be a way .

Ta

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567