I have my first observed ride/assessment on Sunday

Nice one. I trust you bought him a coffee after? Can you remember any of the debrief or did it all go a bit hazy

I'm still waiting to hear about a date for my assessment ride

I had a comprehensive debrief and yes I bought the coffees as I had 2 follow me for my test. Block changing of gears was discussed but as the road conditions were so bad I was sequentially changing. Road position on nationals was compromised at some points due to large amounts of gravel and dirt.
My overtakes were good but one of them I considered after the first car before carrying on to overtake the second, I should have been more decisive and committed to both at the start.
I had one incident on a country road, it was a national with no road markings and a lot of debris. I had moved right before a left hand bend that was tree lined with a canopy to improve my view. A horse lorry came through the bend in the middle of the road and I had to change position. Examiner said I should have compromised some position to improve safety and move left.
Overall I had some very good aspects and will get some formal comments later by email.
I hope that helps.

congratulations :beerjug:
you'll find that you have a tool box of systems and procedures with which in time become second nature riding/driving skills,
one of the best is the training for overcome the red mist !

I had a comprehensive debrief and yes I bought the coffees as I had 2 follow me for my test. Block changing of gears was discussed but as the road conditions were so bad I was sequentially changing. Road position on nationals was compromised at some points due to large amounts of gravel and dirt.
My overtakes were good but one of them I considered after the first car before carrying on to overtake the second, I should have been more decisive and committed to both at the start.
I had one incident on a country road, it was a national with no road markings and a lot of debris. I had moved right before a left hand bend that was tree lined with a canopy to improve my view. A horse lorry came through the bend in the middle of the road and I had to change position. Examiner said I should have compromised some position to improve safety and move left.
Overall I had some very good aspects and will get some formal comments later by email.
I hope that helps.

Yes that's very helpful. Having already done my IAM car test I think it's harder to pass the bike test than the car so well done you :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom