Matlock Bath Protest Ride

lawvar

Reaction score
DARE i ask ?
I,m going so i wondered if anyone on here was interested ?
PLEASE BE NICE TO ME !:D
Details are

One of the UK’s most popular bike rides for both scooterists and motorcyclists is under threat of closure.
The local council are attempting to discourage riders attending the Matlock Bath event with the installation of parking ticket machines and maximum allowed parking times.
To try and counter this, a protest ride has been organised for Sunday March 6, 2015. The protest ride start point will be the Hurt Arms, Derby Road, Ambergate DE56 2EJ.
The pub will be open from 10am, with the ride departing at 12 noon, heading for Matlock Bath.

Additional meeting points are being added for riders travelling from other areas.

Midlands meeting point: Meet at Shifnal Services (jct4 off the M54) at 8.30am – leaving at 9am for the Hurt Arms meeting point

Manchester meeting point: 8.30am at Buxton Wetherspoons – leaving at 9am to head to the Hurt Arms.

How does a parking ticket machine prevent scooterists and motorcyclists for using a 'popular ride'?:nenau
Let us have the full story.....
What is under threat?
Where?
Why?
When?

How does a parking ticket machine prevent scooterists and motorcyclists for using a 'popular ride'?:nenau
Let us have the full story.....
What is under threat?
Where?
Why?
When?
Why would you want to ride to a place, where you're not welcome..?

Count me in on that as well!

Great. Now to decide where to do it. Could we start and finish at a chip shop please?

im guessing the concern is the bikers might stop going and the Matlock Bath retailers will lose business? I live fairly close but have only ever ridden there once. Its not my cup of tea really as I don't like the idea of spending time with loads of random bikers talking about all the bikes they've ever owned :blagblah:blagblah

I haven't been there for about 3 years but on my last visit the place was packed with bikers and the local pubs,cafes, and chip shops were doing a welcome roaring trade. I suspect that the local council don't like bikes taking up car parking spaces so as usual they impose revenue raising restrictions.

kostas fish and chip shop matlock bath well reccomended ive been twice now in the interests product testing

What's not to like ?
Nice biking roads all around somewhere to park your bike look at the world go by either from cafe or pub or chippy
Look at other bikes
Have a nice time maybe meet some mates etc
Can't figure out why some people have a problem with it ?
If you don't like it don't go but why try and spoil it for others ?

What's not to like ?
Nice biking roads all around somewhere to park your bike look at the world go by either from cafe or pub or chippy
Look at other bikes
Have a nice time maybe meet some mates etc
Can't figure out why some people have a problem with it ?
If you don't like it don't go but why try and spoil it for others ?
Read the post you quoted...
I wasn't questioning whether it was a nice ride or not, I've ridden in the area many times.. I was wondering why riders would visit a place where they were not welcome..

Don't worry chips are vegetables and as such part of your 5 a day

5 portions means you've fulfilled your daily needs

Great turn out today, cold but dry didn't keep anybody away as hundreds/thousands of bikers of all sorts came to support the cause. Never seen so many bikers, at one point it was like a mountain finish on the Tour De France those that had parked up cheering on those still riding through. Pretty impressive :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom