Belgium - 1 day - Garmin route

Caesi

Reaction score
hi

I have read a few of the Belgium/WWI trips and they sound great.
As I will be in Belgium next month I thought I could take a day to take in the sights between the Tunnel and Antwerp.
My being lazy, I am wondering whether anyone has already some ready Garmin routes I could use?

thanks

Ypres is an easy option.

There's plenty to see in that area.

Check out the Ride magazine routes. I'd be surprised if they do not have anything that would fit your requirements

Check out the Ride magazine routes. I'd be surprised if they do not have anything that would fit your requirements

Great idea. Will do. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have only one day, you are starting at Calais, and finishing the day in Antwerp, and you want to see some WW1 stuff, you will be best nipping along to Ypres and spending the time there. Park up and wander, spending some time at the Cloth Hall, including the 'In Flanders Fields' museum, Menen Gate etc. The roads about here have little to commend them, and the scenery is fairly dull. Tyne Cot cemetery is on the way...well sort of....to Antwerp, and worth a visit. Ghent is also worth having a look at on the way past if you haven't been there.

+ one for Ghent. Probably better than Brugges which has become very much a tourist trap

Back
Top Bottom