My 1150 Gs will not start

The pump seems ok whirring away on ignition, then I released the high pressure hose and tested it, the injectors working ok after removal and testing, and the spark is there . So I am stumped from here on in.
So, did you test the injectors in action spraying fuel when out of the throttle bodies?

Edit: OK, you have no spark so this is not the case.

Pekka
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi thanks for your input I have new problem I have no spark and no power to injectors.
OK, you have a problem with Hall sensors then.
Did you run the engine a long time when standing still earlier some time?
In that case your Hall sensor wires are in pieces.
They cannot stand hight temperatures.

Check the wires and the Hall sensors to start with.
They are located in front of the engine behind the plastic cover and the lower belt alternator wheel.

Here is some more info for Hall sensors

Pekka

Hi thanks for your input I have new problem I have no spark and no power to injectors.
It is not the power which is missing to injectors.
It is the missing signal from the Hall sensor to open it.

Pekka

no spark

OK, you have a problem with Hall sensors then.
Did you run the engine a long time when standing still earlier some time?
In that case your Hall sensor wires are in pieces.
They cannot stand hight temperatures.

Check the wires and the Hall sensors to start with.
They are located in front of the engine behind the plastic cover and the lower belt alternator wheel.

Here is some more info for Hall sensors

Pekka

Hi all, sorry to resurrect this ole thread, but I am having issues which might be similar. After a long lay-up 3 months bike (w reg 1150gs 50K mls) wouldn't fire - cranked over fine. Battery 13v+. On further inspection no spark, injectors are clicking (not sure how to pull out of throttle bodies tbh to test spray).

I have ruled out side stand switch I have shorted it too. But the machine cranks anyway.

The reason I replied to this post is I've been looking at this very useful PDF about Hall sensors. I did the coil preliminary test and found puzzlingness... resistance of primary coil seems to be 5Mohm, not as PDF states 5ohm - Do these things go when holed up in garage? not sure whether to carry on and check hall sensors and wiring first, or source a coil?

thanks Mos

Hi all, sorry to resurrect this ole thread, but I am having issues which might be similar. After a long lay-up 3 months bike (w reg 1150gs 50K mls) wouldn't fire - cranked over fine. Battery 13v+. On further inspection no spark, injectors are clicking (not sure how to pull out of throttle bodies tbh to test spray).

I have ruled out side stand switch I have shorted it too. But the machine cranks anyway.

The reason I replied to this post is I've been looking at this very useful PDF about Hall sensors. I did the coil preliminary test and found puzzlingness... resistance of primary coil seems to be 5Mohm, not as PDF states 5ohm - Do these things go when holed up in garage? not sure whether to carry on and check hall sensors and wiring first, or source a coil?

thanks Mos

They do, it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom