I bet the ink isn't even dry................

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone know what the buy it now price was ?
That's gone now as folk have since bid.
The sat nav and boxes were, supposedly, only included with the buy it now.

Ok guys, David's bike was advertised for all to see and buy, correct?
None of you went to see it, correct?
None of you offered the £3000 asking price, correct?
The guy that got off his sofa and went to look, paid the asking price and took it away has every right to keep it or sell it on, correct?
He has advertised it with a start price of £99 and no reserve!
If you want my opinion and I doubt you do, he has big gonads. Good luck to the guy I hope he gets a bit of profit from it.
As for using David's words to describe it, how many ways can you say "it's kept greasy"? Well lubricated maybe!! Or nicely oiled up?
I'm sure it will got to a good home and the new owner will be very happy with the price they pay.

What's the problem? David got his asking price so he is happy. So why are you so upset JB ? :nenau

I've just read the advert again, I think it reads well. The guy isn't telling any lies, the horn was useful in Istanbul traffic.
He is obviously a clever guy, or then again he could be a fool......£99 start!

Have a look at the ebay listing then go to the final photo in the sequence. The bike sure does scrub up well.

Hmmm… It sounds like it's now within 20 miles of me….

All the handier for us North-Yorks types then! :D

Florence,
David told me on Friday that you were going round on Saturday to look at it. I was under the impression that you'd bought it.
If you did why are you blowing smoke up people's arses on here?

If you did buy it and are selling it straight on then no problem at all.

I like your basic btw

Hello Rob, yes I bought David's bike, I'm the one that got off the sofa, went to look and paid the asking price.
Any smoke blowing was a bit of fun, I knew it wouldn't be long before the ranting would start.
So there it is guys, I didn't lie in the advert, it has been well cared for and well travelled. It is a greasy pig and the horn was very useful in Istanbul traffic! Not to me because I wasn't in Istanbul although I think I heard it from my house.

Hi Johnny, you say opportunist, if you bought a house say at £40k then sold it say 10 years later for £150k would you call that opportunist? I paid £3k for the bike and I will hopefully be selling it for a small profit? But you never know I may not make a penny?

One of the many good things about this forum is that there are many 'mates rates' deals to be had. This is usually for the mutual benefit of subscribed tossers and in the most part, what goes round comes round.

It would have just been 'nice' to see David's bike go to someone on here that would use it and appreciate the history of it, knowing that they'd not been sold a pup or been ripped off and would be looking forward to enjoying the bike for what it was made for.

To buy a bike from someone on here with the sole purpose of making a profit from its immediate sale seems to be against the spirit of UKGSer. Fair enough if after a while you find the bike is not for you and then sell it for more than you paid, then good luck.

It's hardly an encouragement for tossers on here to offer their bikes for sale here if they think that the buyer is just going to sell them on for a profit.

Just my 2p

Hi Johnny, you say opportunist, if you bought a house say at £40k then sold it say 10 years later for £150k would you call that opportunist? I paid £3k for the bike and I will hopefully be selling it for a small profit? But you never know I may not make a penny?

Nope, it doesn't after 10 years, but you haven't had that bike for more than a few hours

However, the opening line of your ebay ad....I have reluctantly decided to sell my GS made me smile - you've had it 24 hours and the V5c won't even be in your own name yet:augie

Still, crack on................I just thought it would make an interesting thread here:D

One of the many good things about this forum is that there are many 'mates rates' deals to be had. This is usually for the mutual benefit of subscribed tossers and in the most part, what goes round comes round.

It would have just been 'nice' to see David's bike go to someone on here that would use it and appreciate the history of it, knowing that they'd not been sold a pup or been ripped off and would be looking forward to enjoying the bike for what it was made for.

To buy a bike from someone on here with the sole purpose of making a profit from its immediate sale seems to be against the spirit of UKGSer. Fair enough if after a while you find the bike is not for you and then sell it for more than you paid, then good luck.

It's hardly an encouragement for tossers on here to offer their bikes for sale here if they think that the buyer is just going to sell them on for a profit.

Just my 2p

My sentiments exactly Nick

Does it matter as long as David was happy with the sale ?

Maybe not, but I can hardly imagine the buyer telling David when he came to see it that he's looking for a quick profit in its immediate resale. If he had, then David maybe being not too happy about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom