RBLR1000 - It's back, do you relish a challenge?

My bike is serviced and hotel booked. I'll see you all at Squires. I'm just trying to figure out how to attach my Ensign to the bike...

Four friends from work doing the southern clockwise route, all on GS's. I'll see all who are foolish enough for this in the morning!

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Well second one completed, more challenging than the 1st due to the weather.

Great to see so many and everybody so friendly. :thumb2

Big respect to the guy on the Vincent, as we came out of Wick after about 40 miles he was coming the other way :clap:clap respect ! :thumb2

Does anybody know if he finished?

Nice to see n chat to all the GS lads.

2017 ? :eek: hmm maybe

TD

I didn't see him! Much respect though...it was hard going...at least it didn't rain for those two hours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Completed my first of these and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will admit to letting the weather dampen my spirits after starting the return leg until I buddied up with another rider and we both did almost the entire return run together. I can't believe that I left my heated jacket in my hotel room and didn't realise until I went in my pannier and my error became apparent. An impromptu stop in Glasgow and a quick run round Decathalon and I left with a jumper and fleece to keep me warm. So glad I did otherwise it would have been really grim.

I met some awesome people and another 90th edition on the return. Seriously considering doing it again next year.

Think that was me Bungy :thumb2

Edinburgh services? ....long live the 90th :rob:rob

TD

Big respect to the guy on the Vincent, as we came out of Wick after about 40 miles he was coming the other way :clap:clap respect ! :thumb2 Does anybody know if he finished?

Yes, the 1949 Vincent completed the 1000 miles in under 24 hours :clap It's certainly a European if not a World record for the oldest bike to complete a SS1000. Phil the IBA UK President is checking.

We're hoping to get the ball rolling much sooner for 2017 so watch this space. We're also seriously looking into a second start location along the southern route. It will all depend on a suitable venue and volunteers to help man it though.

We're hoping to get the ball rolling much sooner for 2017 so watch this space. We're also seriously looking into a second start location along the southern route. It will all depend on a suitable venue and volunteers to help man it though.

A southern route would certainly help those like myself and would make it a certainty for me. Loomies on the A272 would be a good starting point and a run down to Lands End would add interest. Keep us posted on any developments.

Yes, the 1949 Vincent completed the 1000 miles in under 24 hours :clap It's certainly a European if not a World record for the oldest bike to complete a SS1000. Phil the IBA UK President is checking.

That was a legendary ride and the fella completing it deserves muchos respect.

Back
Top Bottom