Puig Touring screen on LC GSA

no_heroes

Reaction score
So after 500 miles of the standard GSA screen not quite working - I have 'upgraded' to a light smoke Puig touring screen, with the single Puig bracket that holds the left side of the screen.

This is a massive improvement - minimal screen movement up to motorway touring speeds and smooth airflow. I would recommend this to any one who has the buffeting issues. I am just over 6 feet tall and used to use the Touratech spoiler on my TC - I have attached a shot of the Puig on the LC beside the TC with spoiler for comparison - note that the the Puig screen is only about 75% up on the adjuster - but provides equivalent smooth air flow, with better visibility...

I ordered the screen and bracket from BS-Motoparts which arrived quickly and did the fitting myself - very easy... I found the following video helpful at getting the standard screen off...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfsdoigrlE

I should also note - that the bracket fixing allows screen adjustment on the move with the standard adjuster... I have seen this question asked...

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7388.jpg
    IMG_7388.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 1,914
Last edited:
I too use a tinted Puig touring screen on my GSA LC, supplied by Pyramid of Gainsborough. It is supplemented with a Wunderlich screen support from Nippy Norman. This combination offers better protection than std screen with increased stability.

Bizarrely I fitted the Puig Touring screen (light smoke) to the GS over the weekend, again using the single Puig bracket. Ordered on Thu evening from Powermint (on Amazon) total cost inc shipping from Germany 7p short of £107. It arrived on Sat afternoon.

Fitting was painless and the bracket allows the screen to be moved on the go. However, with the screen set at the lowest setting I was able to motor at 60mph with visor up and I'm 6'3". Should've done this months ago. Given the service from Powermint, I'll probably be hitting the Puig catalogue again in the near future (the frame infils look quite good and don't use zip ties).

Thats the stock screen on the GSA in the pic isn't it?

I ran a Puig touring screen, with deflector and cymarc brackets through winter. It was great, but cant get on with the looks of it, so got a tinted stock screen, which isn't as bad as i remember now.

Thats the stock screen on the GSA in the pic isn't it?

I ran a Puig touring screen, with deflector and cymarc brackets through winter. It was great, but cant get on with the looks of it, so got a tinted stock screen, which isn't as bad as i remember now.

Ha, you're right - must have mixed the shots up! sorry! The top shot is the standard screen on full height. I have (hopefully) attached the Puig screen. I think it looks much better than stock, and the slight tint goes with the bike colour a bit better...

I think your right about the deflector, I don't like the look of it either... try just the touring screen - it looks cleaner...

Attachments

• IMG_7443.jpg
    IMG_7443.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 1,691
I took delivery of a black puig touring screen and exchanged it for light smoke: The black one is nearly opaque and I was not comfortable cos its a tall brute even in its lowest setting. (note I have the BMW dark screen which is OK cos I can see over it). Light smoke is fantastic, see here.

Just ordered the Puig Touring screen from Crescent in Verwood, free C & P and the strengthening brackets from Cymarc

Puig dark versus light smoke touring screen comparison:
i-fNDqMWB-M.jpg

Dark looks fabulous but..........

changed my order from black to Smoke

My Puig light smoke screen, pictured above was from BS-motoparts on ebay approx £125 and included the extra sun screen and it's either the taller screen that has made the difference or the extra part has a beneficial venturi effect.
(I tried to sell the black screen, with no success, then noticed that BS Motoparts had a 28 day returns policy, for which they sent me a postage paid address label. A fantastic German company to deal with and very speedy.)
Cymarc brackets are essential: PERHAPS there are two versions ?: LC here and GSA here ?

The visibility with the smoke screen is poor if riding in dust. My one also sdhattered when a rock dropped off a cliff and hit it at 100kph. I heard the Bmw screen is shatter proof. Gone back to that and fitted a deflector, works ok.

The visibility with the smoke screen is poor if riding in dust. My one also sdhattered when a rock dropped off a cliff and hit it at 100kph. I heard the Bmw screen is shatter proof. Gone back to that and fitted a deflector, works ok.

I agree - I'd buy a clear one if I was buying again

There may be some truth in the BMW screen being shatter proof cos it's a different material to my Puig, which IS known to shatter .
I think one's acrylic and t'other is polycarbonate .
Edit : Puig= acrylic = liable to shatter but overcome by making it 3mm thick
Link:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5fHFSnz_5nQ

Back
Top Bottom