free bike trg se wales

pj8332

Reaction score
Free Motorcycle Training.

We have been working closely with the Road Safety Officers of Cardiff, Caerphilly, Rhondda Cynon Taf & The Vale of Glamorgan who have all agreed to fund training courses for Motorcyclists in their areas, throughout the South East Wales region.

We have devised two schemes,
"Scooter Smart" & "Commuter Safe".

These schemes will reach out to those riders who may not fit into the Bikesafe remit which is aimed at full licence holders on larger capacity bikes.

The Scooter Smart is aimed at post CBT riders riding any bike up to a 125cc. Not just Scooters.

Commuter Safe is aimed at riders with bikes under around 600cc who use their bikes regularly for commuting etc.

Each course will consist of a morning classroom based theory/safety discussion session followed up by an on road session with an Instructor in radio contact.

This course will be Free to each rider. All you need to have done is a CBT, or if you have passed your test, you can still take the course.

At present this is only on till the end of March, so best hurry if you wish to do it.
1st Class Rider Training will be presenting these courses in the respective areas and we are pleased to be involved.

The aims of the courses is to reduce the chances of riders having a collision from their own misjudgement or falling fowl to the actions of others.

To express your interest please call me on 07545567273.
Feel free to share this post or 'tag' your friends in it to spread the word.

Cheers.

Andy,
1st Class Rider Training.

hi just posted this incase anyone wishes to do some free bike trg. just passing on. mods feel free to move etc?

Cheers

pj

Hi Andy,
just wanted to say thanks for the excellent training on this course last year, it was great fun, and the more I learn, the more I realise how much more there is to know. Judging by the riding in the Brecon Beacons yesterday, there are many who could do with reminding about hazard perception. In the short time I spent setting up this picture of my bike I witnessed some really impressive riding- I guess everybody was out enjoying the beginning of Spring! I have started using my bike a lot more for commuting as it regularly takes me 35-40 minutes to travel the 4 miles home in the car if there has been an accident around Cardiff.

Attachments

• Brecon Beacons-1.jpg
    Brecon Beacons-1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 121
Hi Andy, I would be interested in this. I read it previously but for some reason thought it was for riders who had just done cbt.:blast seeing Jons post made me re-read it.Always wondered whether to do bikesafe etc but wasn't sure which would suit, but can't really go wrong with this . My son was out on his 1150 around Brecon yesterday and came across the aftermath of 3 accidents :eek: all 40 somethings on sports bikes two in villages had hit cars. The other had failed to negotiate a minor bend and gone straight across it and off . His bike was apparently totally trashed . So never being too old to learn, I'll be in touch:thumb

Hi Andy,

Thanks for posting this.

As most of the rides on here are generally riding larger bikes do you have any similar opportunities for them.

Cheers PW

Hi Andy, I would be interested in this. I read it previously but for some reason thought it was for riders who had just done cbt.:blast seeing Jons post made me re-read it.Always wondered whether to do bikesafe etc but wasn't sure which would suit, but can't really go wrong with this . My son was out on his 1150 around Brecon yesterday and came across the aftermath of 3 accidents :eek: all 40 somethings on sports bikes two in villages had hit cars. The other had failed to negotiate a minor bend and gone straight across it and off . His bike was apparently totally trashed . So never being too old to learn, I'll be in touch:thumb

Apparenlty they do water crossing training :)

Back
Top Bottom