L'viv, Ukraine to Brno, Czech republic

Khulu

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I thought I'd posted this earlier but it seems I didn't!

Anyway, I've travelling this route in August and wondered if any of you fellow travellers had covered the same route before. It looks interesting and I'm sure there'll be lots of nice elevation changes and good roads / views. :beerjug:

Aye, did it last July.
I'll have a look at the map when I get home and post what I can remember.
Some cracking roads in southern Poland if I remember right.
Justin

ok,
we went into Lviv on the E40, the roads were somewhere between 'not very good' and 'shit'. The roads in Lviv were fekin awfull, really polished loose cobbles with raised tram tracks, I'm just glad it wasn't raining. The standard of driving was crap.
Absolutely loved it, one of the best cities I've been to, cheap as chips, great food and super model type birds everywhere.
We stayed at The George hotel, left the bike outside on the footpath, bunged the porter the equivalent of a fiver to keep an eye on it, no issues whatsoever.
We left on the M11 towards Przemysl, and picked up the 28 south west to Krosno. cracking road, pegs down on some bits, not too much traffic.
From Krosno we went down the E371 to Presov, which would have been great if there wasn't loads of roadworks. There was a detour that took us down the 557 then back up the 18 which added about an hour and a half, but was quite nice.
I didn't have a sat nav, so am trying to remember this from the bits of highlighter I've left on the map.
The E371 seemed to be a major route for lorries, mostly Romanian and Belorussian.
We stopped at Zehra, next to Spissky hrad, massive castle on a hill.
From there we went to Zilina, on the small roads shadowing the motorway, pretty dull. The tatra mountains looked good on the way past, but we didn't go. next time maybe. Not much in Zilina, it was so hot we ended up wandering around a shopping arcade just because it had aircon.
From Zilina we shadowed the motorway south west(dull), to Trencin (We went to Trencin a few years ago, lovely little place), then the 50 north west towards Brno. I've highlighted it on my map from the Czech border to Uherske Hradiste, can't remember it, but it must have been good.
In Brno we stopped at the Hotel Europa, walking distance from the centre, secure parking.
I've recently found my camera I thought I had lost, so might get round to doing a ride report.

hope that helps

justin

Been to Lviv a fair few times myself so know what the roads are like. Travelled last year from Bulgaria, into Romania and through Ukraine en route back to the UK. Stayed in Kalush in Ukraine. Ukraine's a fantastic country but very complicated. I might go back there this year all being well.

One of the highlights is that you'll be passing my in laws house on the border not far from przemysl. You lucky man! If it's August I'll be there as well :)

Passed through Przemysl more than a few times, often on the train to Ukraine. Lovely countryside as well.

Back
Top Bottom