GS regrets vs GSA

I know I'm going to regret this, but here goes anyway...

I have been reading posts and I am in the same boat with this thread...however...there are so many abbreviations...TC, LC, TU, etc. I can't make head or tail about all this. I have an Air cooled 2007 1200GS and love it, but am always trying to convince myself that the the GSA would have been better somehow. I was lucky though as my bike was bout with all of the GSA extra's (engine bars, grills, mudguard extensions, Mudsling, Satnav, full Luggage etc) very happy with it!

Please can someone explain to this idiot what all the abbreviations mean? :blast

What in particular has made you come to the conclusion that the GSA is too unmanageable for you?

It's not unmanageable at the moment, but pushing it around can be hard work at times. While I have a back condition (which doctors are still no closer to fixing), I need to be sensible and look after my back.

The GSA is a truly brilliant bike, the best in its class, and probably the best bike I've ever owned (alongside the XR. I can't make my mind up, but we won't go into all that on here!:D).

When my health issues are eventually sorted, I'll be ordering another GSA, no question about it.:thumb

I thought you'd opted for a KTM Nutty ?

I've got a Super Adventure R on order, but now that I'm getting the Rallye, will probably change my order to the more road focussed 1290 S, subject to the test ride at the weekend.

It's not unmanageable at the moment, but pushing it around can be hard work at times. While I have a back condition (which doctors are still no closer to fixing), I need to be sensible and look after my back.

The GSA is a truly brilliant bike, the best in its class, and probably the best bike I've ever owned (alongside the XR. I can't make my mind up, but we won't go into all that on here!:D).

When my health issues are eventually sorted, I'll be ordering another GSA, no question about it.:thumb

Thought you said it was flawed, one of the reasons for getting rid ???

Best bike you've owned ? Did it even have its first 600 mile service ?

What in particular has made you come to the conclusion that the GSA is too unmanageable for you?

It now weighs 340kgs after all that fucking painting !!!

Sent from my iPad using twattacunt

It's all subjective but I think the GS looks much better than the GSA - the GS looks as it was designed properly and is complete, sleeker -the GSA looks like a bit of a bodged afterthought with an ugly tank and protection bars.

Agreed FAT GS vs Slim GS.

Fine if you need 300 mile tank range. 10kg more fuel to carry around most of the time if you don't.

I always assumed the GSA was to make you look slim...

Agreed FAT GS vs Slim GS.

Fine if you need 300 mile tank range. 10kg more fuel to carry around most of the time if you don't.

I always assumed the GSA was to make you look slim...

Well you know you are wrong on the basis that you have agreed, with the one person on here who is never right.:nenau

I don't like all the scaffolding on the GSA, bigger fuel tank not needed and a GS is lighter and more nimble - as well as cheaper!

So I bought a GS TE with spoked wheels and am very happy with it.

Now that I've changed my order to a Rallye with Sport suspension, I'll have a lighter GSA with a smaller petrol tank. Should be the best of both worlds.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom