GS regrets vs GSA

Wonkey donkey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Simple question really as the GSA is really growing on me the more I look. Previously I hated the look/size but find myself actually liking it as much as the GS, I think.

So has anyone bought the GS and now thinks/wishes they had gone for the GSA instead.

So which model are you talking about ? LC or TC ? The GSA is the bike of choice if you want to have a big tank range and make cars pull in like Moses made the sea part. The Only GS I owned a1200SE was a lovely bike lighter and easy in town but did not have the Do it all of the GSAs I have had . I'm a big buger so the GSA fits me better . I have TC and an LC GSA .Nothing comes close to either .Try them then make yer mind up��

I had a GS as a taster but wished that I had bought the GSA from the start. It all depends on what you want.

I tried a GS several times, but it was only after I rode the GSA I knew it was what I was looking for and bought.

Simple question really as the GSA is really growing on me the more I look. Previously I hated the look/size but find myself actually liking it as much as the GS, I think.

So has anyone bought the GS and now thinks/wishes they had gone for the GSA instead.
That's me ! Hate filling it up , spoils the ride ... Also seat to peg distance is better on the GSA.

Well it seems it's not just me then. Went to dealer today for a sneaky peak, shocking service though compared to usual dealer. Had what I thought I wanted, triple black GS next to GSA and couldn't get over how ordinary the GS looked. So think I will test ride both back to back on same day to get the feel of each.

Wonkey , take care if comparing the prices..I'm sure you've spotted that the GSA has the crash bars fitted.
To be honest its a pain purchasing and adding at a later date... so just go for thr GSA.
I heard 65% of all sales are the GSA now. I think it will be an easier bike to sell, when the time comes.

Don't make my mistake !

PS added to say ..test ride the all new KTM GT too..... I think that could catch your heart faster than a GS or GSA

Well it seems it's not just me then. Went to dealer today for a sneaky peak, shocking service though compared to usual dealer. Had what I thought I wanted, triple black GS next to GSA and couldn't get over how ordinary the GS looked. So think I will test ride both back to back on same day to get the feel of each.

Sat next to a regular GS, the GSA does look so much better. I've had a few GS's and now have a GSA. I'd find it strange going back to a regular GS.

It's all subjective but I think the GS looks much better than the GSA - the GS looks as it was designed properly and is complete, sleeker -the GSA looks like a bit of a bodged afterthought with an ugly tank and protection bars.

It's all subjective but I think the GS looks much better than the GSA - the GS looks as it was designed properly and is complete, sleeker -the GSA looks like a bit of a bodged afterthought with an ugly tank and protection bars.

Yep that's exactly how I USED to see it until around 2 weeks ago when I had a 20 minute ride on a GSA while I waited for my F800 to have a bit of warranty work done. I was shitting myself as it looked huge but I thought it was brilliant and since then I have also changed my mind on the look. The only thing that stops me pushing the button is that it has no electric screen whilst all its competitors do, as far as I know. Having been on an RT I really like that option so wonder if in June they will announce this as an upgrade for the 2017 model to keep up with the competition. Any thoughts or am I pissing up the wrong tree. Oh and also 9.9% APR cos its spring. It will be 2.9% in August when sales slow for winter

PS added to say ..test ride the all new KTM GT too..... I think that could catch your heart faster than a GS or GSA[/QUOTE]

But I hate orange������

If I had longer legs and not bothered about the weight of the thing, I'd have gone GSA.

But I don't need the bigger tank and so I'm happy with my GS.

Had a 13 plate gs and loved it, couldn't stop looking at the gsa though!!! felt a bit like the poor relation.
Now have a shiney new gsa with lowered chassis and quick shift, it's awesome.
It's all a matter of taste but I think the gsa looks more complete

i wanted a GSA. Bought the GS thinking it was the better choice for commuting into London. Regretted it and changed it for a GSA 8 months later at quite substantial financial loss :D

If I had longer legs and not bothered about the weight of the thing, I'd have gone GSA.

But I don't need the bigger tank and so I'm happy with my GS.

Had my first GS new on a 14 plate, after corrosion issues I went for a GSA............... Which was lowered. I have a 29" inside leg, and can get both feet flat on the floor. So go for it !, you won't regret it.

Im in the same quandary (may my problems never get any worse). I am stuck deciding between a GSA and a GS (both WC). I currently have a GS TC which has been fantastic but I now prefer the look of the GSA and you get more kit as standard. I have pretty much decided on the GSA but Im worried that it will be less fun through the bends. Any thoughts? Will a GSA hustle through the bends as brilliantly as a GS (I have ridden a demonstrator but can't ride in 'properly' in Jersey so will only truly find out when I get one off the island).

Back
Top Bottom