Just keeping you updated Heroes On the Water

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
People have, on the quiet, been asking what is happening at heroes On the Water. One or two have, quite rightly, asked where the money raised from the kayak fishing competitions and other fund raising is going.

I am down in Plymouth, today I introduced the program to a new audience. The reult is that we have 9 new intake, plus the old guard from last year down - it is going to be a busy time at each month session (on Saturdays now too, as it fitted the consensus timetable better). We are hoping that there will be a really good showing at the Plymouth comp, with two of last years guys and a team from these new members.

I also have to put on programmes for Catterick rehabilitation centre and another for Wales, so that's 3 weekends a month taken up for me.

Keep up your support please, you have been very generous in the past and as you can see, we are working with a wide range of disabilities, challenges, ages and genders. Remember, every penny goes to provide the practical sessions, not a penny goes in admin. As much as possible is done voluntarily. Wea re going to need more on water coaches too, so if anyone knows a kayak coach, please tell them about us.

More info here:

www.heroesonthewater-uk.org

Back
Top Bottom