Best in-ear monitors

I've worn Ultimateear monitors for 6 years and found them superb in terms of sound quality and fit.

I've worn Ultimateear monitors for 6 years and found them superb in terms of sound quality and fit.

I can confirm my Ultimate Ear Monitors have now failed three times in the last six months. The response I get is "It must be your ears Guv." Customer service is terrible. Even more annoying the repair invoice states "Customer service and satisfaction is extremely important to us." It took them over 10 days to reply to me. When I called after three days the reply I got was sorry anyone with any authority is on holiday. Project Failure is more like it.

I can confirm my Ultimate Ear Monitors have now failed three times in the last six months. The response I get is "It must be your ears Guv." Customer service is terrible. Even more annoying the repair invoice states "Customer service and satisfaction is extremely important to us." It took them over 10 days to reply to me. When I called after three days the reply I got was sorry anyone with any authority is on holiday. Project Failure is more like it.

I got the same level of service. Avoid like the plague.

I use ACS everyday! They're the only earphones I have and the standard Pro-27 Communicator is excellent. The filter is just right and the sound quality superb.
I had my impressions made at a large branch of Boots and have had two pairs in 6 years.
They do have a repair service too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another vote for Micky's (and for that matter Jim Brown his predecessor RIP)
Absolutely comfortable and long lasting . . never ride without
(except on dirt!)

If I only want mp3 music and have no real interest in bike-bike coms of phone, am I best just getting in-ear monitors? If so, which are the best to get? I know you all rate ultimate ear, is that because they are the best or because judge works there?

Seriously Stonker get a pair from Micky, I got mine last August and I use them every single day, walking the dogs, on my bike and at work, the sound quality is remarkable and such good value for money. Clear sound quality even at high speeds.

I have UE monitors, simply because the sound quality is so much better than the Green leopards which were great to start with but then the plastic tube started to come adrift and could push further into my ear than intended, then I realised the fit was poor as they became uncomfortable in a very short time of wearing. I think because the fit was bad their sound quality was not great either. I tried to have them sorted but the agent I was dealing with seemed to have dropped the connection!

UE however are excruciatingly expensive and when they go wrong ( and they will no matter how careful you are) for example wires pull out or break far too easily, it costs another arm and a leg to have them fixed. aftersales service is not brilliant, last time I had to contact them they misled me about cost of repair

I like the idea of the green leopards but problems with fit make them unwearable. I do carry them as spares for when the UE go wrong.

with this endorsement will have to look into whats on offer!:beerjug:

I'm not sure if UE are that bothered about the small (to them) motorcycle market..............

They (Ultimate Ear) dicked around, wasting my time. I contacted Micky (he was on a bike holiday), arranged a visit on the next Saturday, and he rushed the monitors out to me on the following Monday, arrived on Tuesday - and I was off on my own hols on the Thursday.

I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Al

acscustom.com

Have used this companies products for ages for comms and hearing protection when in helicopters and shooting pretty, much any setting. Use them all the time in my neotec and don't even feel them.

SB

Seriously Stonker get a pair from Micky, I got mine last August and I use them every single day, walking the dogs, on my bike and at work, the sound quality is remarkable and such good value for money. Clear sound quality even at high speeds.

I contacted Micky (he was on a bike holiday), arranged a visit on the next Saturday, and he rushed the monitors out to me on the following Monday, arrived on Tuesday - and I was off on my own hols on the Thursday.

I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Al

Thank you gents .... your fiver is in the post :thumb

:blush:blush

:beerjug:

Thanks not needed. It's a quality product, bespoke for each person, with first class results.
(Do I get a £1.00 off my next pair?)
Plus the Sarni shop across the road does smashing pies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use ACS Pro 27 Communicators.
They are superb quality offering fantastic sound and excellent protection on the bike. The filter cuts out the harmful stuff, but still lets conversation through.

The best bit is the repair service! When I damage or mishandle them, for a trivial amount, they repair the ear buds. It's a bit like "Trigger's Broom". This service alone makes the initial price look like good value.
Larger Boots pharmacies take the initial impressions, which are digitally stored. When I thought I'd lost a set, they made another pair in a few days from their digital mounds.
I will always buy from ACS in future and cannot say enough good things about them.
https://www.acscustom.com/uk/products/communications/pro-27-communicator
John S

https://www.acscustom.com/uk/products/communications/pro-27-communicator

Back
Top Bottom