Best in-ear monitors

Stonker

Reaction score
If I only want mp3 music and have no real interest in bike-bike coms of phone, am I best just getting in-ear monitors? If so, which are the best to get? I know you all rate ultimate ear, is that because they are the best or because judge works there?

Not everyone rates Ultimate Ear.

I highly recommend the ones produced by Micky of this forum. I have on occasion (on a GSA with the screen elevated) - used ordinary Sony/Sennheiser earbuds, as the wind noise getting through to my ears was minimal.

Al

I highly recommend the ones produced by Micky of this forum. I have on occasion (on a GSA with the screen elevated) - used ordinary Sony/Sennheiser earbuds, as the wind noise getting through to my ears was minimal.

Al

Are they not mighty uncomfortable with the helmet pressing on them?

I highly recommend the ones produced by Micky of this forum.

Al

Thanks Al :thumb

Stonker, have a look at ...

http://www.adventure.gs/Adventure.GS/Custom_Ear_Plugs.html

The speakers are not in the ear bud, but at chest height and the music carried to your ears by tubes as in a stethoscope. Pundits will say that there is a loss of quality of sound this way. OK, they won't be as good at reproduction of high fidelity sound as in ear speakers might have! BUT they are reliable and have no wires to fracture. Anyway, you quite simply aint going to get full Bose surround sound at 70mph on a motorcycle with any set up!

Not one complaint of either sound or quality in ten years or so of supply ...

:beerjug:

Mrs Monty and I can vouch for Micky's earplugs. Super comfy, and the latest generation of speakers that send the sound along the tubes have even better audio quality than earlier ones.

Buy with confidence!

Matt

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Are they not mighty uncomfortable with the helmet pressing on them?

Some in-ear buds fit so closely that they aren't pushed on by a helmet - one good make of sound blocking ear-buds is Etymotic - I've been very pleased with those both in a helmet (occasionally) and on aeroplanes etc... there are others and as always, in general, the more you pay the better they are...

always used Etymotic in ear monitors, great sound and quality..but i can see me paying Mickey a visit at Rainbow this year for some custom molded monitors

I received poor service from Ultimate. Wire fractured after been used only twice. Charged me a fortune for repair. Avoid.

Some in-ear buds fit so closely that they aren't pushed on by a helmet - one good make of sound blocking ear-buds is Etymotic - I've been very pleased with those both in a helmet (occasionally) and on aeroplanes etc... there are others and as always, in general, the more you pay the better they are...

Yup - that's it.

I've even used one foam earplug and a single in ear speaker - when all I wanted was bike-bike comms.

Al

Another thumbs up for Micky's custom jobbies.

Had them for, blimey, can't remember now, must be at least 5 years, and no problems or issues at all. I may be due a revisit in a year or so, as I believe ones ears change shape internally as well as externally, when one reaches a certain age. :blast

Oh, and he makes a good cuppa too! :thumb

I can't comment on others because I've not used them, but I've worn my Hearwave IEMs for 14k miles in the last year and they're still in mint condition (apart from a bit of wax!). Awesome sound too. I'd replace them like for like straight away if I lost them.

If I only want mp3 music and have no real interest in bike-bike coms of phone, am I best just getting in-ear monitors? If so, which are the best to get? I know you all rate ultimate ear, is that because they are the best or because judge works there?

I dont rate ultimate ears at all. get the ear monitors that you prefer and then use the comply foam tips, certainly the best solution for myself.

Everyman and his dog will have an opinion on what is 'best'. This will be based on anything from the price, where they live, the shape of their head / ears / helmet, how often they ride their bike, what they listen to, what their wife thinks, what they listen from and why they listen.

Me? I gave up wondering and simply dispensed with monitors completely. I haven't missed them one jot. It's a very cheap and ultimately completely reliable method, too.

Attachments

• IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 557
Thanks for the replies guys.

Micky's sound intriguing but I'm nowhere near Yorkshire (I'm in Kent).

I could get some done at the BMF but how do you chose between vendors?

I got some ACS custom plugs made for some very fine Klipsch in-ear phones.

They were absolute rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom