Halvarssons

Johno23

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just had a Halvarssons brochure come through the door with my Bike mag.
I've been looking for a new waterproof jacket and was hoping to pick up a Klim 2nd hand on here but am always too
bloody late or not my size:blast

The Halvarssons Outlast jacket looks and sounds pretty good and at a good price.However, I know nothing about them and know no one
with experience of them, so who's had them? and were they any good?:thumb

:beerjug:

"Outlast" is a brand of thermal lining that Halvarssons and other high end brands use. What is the actual model of jacket you are looking at?? After doing a lot of research before buying my Halvarssons kit, it seems that the brand is very well liked and seems to punch above it's weight in the "bang for buck" stakes. I find the gear to be of fantastic quality with top of the line protection, I have ridden all through this winter including 3 solid days on the bike during the recent "Storm Imogen" over on the west coast of Ireland and the gear didn't let a drop of water in (without rain gear)

One word of warning......I'm a heavy set chap (fat bastard) and I'm on my second Halvarssons jacket.........they all must have very slim arms in Scandanavia.......make sure you try on before you buy.

I have the Halvarssons Odyssey jacket and Mercury pants (discontinued) which uses a direct laminate C-Change membrane.......it's the most waterproof kit I've ever owned.

Halvarssons is standard issue to the Swedish motorcycle cops.

"Outlast" is a brand of thermal lining that Halvarssons and other high end brands use. What is the actual model of jacket you are looking at?? After doing a lot of research before buying my Halvarssons kit, it seems that the brand is very well liked and seems to punch above it's weight in the "bang for buck" stakes. I find the gear to be of fantastic quality with top of the line protection, I have ridden all through this winter including 3 solid days on the bike during the recent "Storm Imogen" over on the west coast of Ireland and the gear didn't let a drop of water in (without rain gear)

One word of warning......I'm a heavy set chap (fat bastard) and I'm on my second Halvarssons jacket.........they all must have very slim arms in Scandanavia.......make sure you try on before you buy.

I have the Halvarssons Odyssey jacket and Mercury pants (discontinued) which uses a direct laminate C-Change membrane.......it's the most waterproof kit I've ever owned.

Halvarssons is standard issue to the Swedish motorcycle cops.

The Mercury pants were replaced by the Zon :thumb

I've had a Prime jacket since late last summer and rate it very highly. Very comfortable and 100% waterproof. Cuffs will go over or inside gloves. Only negatives for me are the outer pockets aren't waterproof and not being a laminated jacket it wets out.
Thermal liner is slightly odd (for me anyway), as it also contains the outlast temperature regulating lining it's often cooler in hot weather if you leave it in.
Never worn anything other than a thin base layer underneath and thats all that's needed most of the time. In really cold/shite weather I throw my surplus camo jacket on top, super warm, no wetting out and keeps the jacket clean.
No single jacket is perfect all year round but this comes pretty damn close.

The Mercury pants were replaced by the Zon :thumb

Yeah, I think the Zon pants and Amazonas jacket replaced the Mercury pants and Odyssey jacket, and it looks like Halvarssons didn't want to pay the licensing fee to Schoeller any longer (C-Change membrane and Nanospere coating)

Seems a damn good price, £419 when compared to a Klim Badlands, nigh on £400 cheaper:nenau

I've had three Halvarrsons jackets now and every time I try a different make, i end up going back to them. Excellent build quality and last forever. The outlast lining does work but its not quite as good as a quilted liner (but the tradeoff is its much less bulk). I use mine with a heated waistcoat and its truly excellent.

01dc0260b99bef099b9e62c73336caa5.jpg

Halvarssons in action a few weeks ago down in Killarney, Co.Kerry.

Storm Imogen through some weather at it that weekend and it kept me bone dry!!

Sent using a Jedi mind trick!

I would go with the most recent Model of the BMW Street Guard Range. Trousers and Jacket.

Water runs off rather than soaking in. Great detachable thermal lining. T-shirt only for short winter rides and a thin fleece for longer ones.

Both the jacket and the trousers have vents which keep you cool on summer days (South of France that is!). The knee armour is adjustable up and down to get it set to suit yourself.

Klim overland is worth a look ,very good jacket,quite plain and you do need to layer up if its cold.

The halvarsson jacket I have i can't really fault,it does wet out but has never leaked.

If you go for the Halvarsson's I have a tip, wash each garment (minus back protector) in the washing machine without removing the armour, it's a fukcing nightmare to get back in and will drive you mad. I put both jacket and trousers into their own pillow case to stop any damage.

Where are people buying their halvarssons kit from?
I'd rather not buy online. Prefer a real shop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had Halvarsson safety jacket with Teflon outer and Halogen outer. Leaked like a sieve. Cuffs were always soaking after wet journey. I had two failed zips after a month and it was extremely heavy. Poor.
Cuffs also wore through on the edges

Where are people buying their halvarssons kit from?
I'd rather not buy online. Prefer a real shop.

I bought my stuff locally from John Harris M/Cs like you prefer to deal in person and get a deal. So they won't be any good to you up there :augie

I had Halvarsson safety jacket with Teflon outer and Halogen outer. Leaked like a sieve. Cuffs were always soaking after wet journey. I had two failed zips after a month and it was extremely heavy. Poor.
Cuffs also wore through on the edges

I have had the safety jacket for 7+ years at least. One popper failure is all I have suffered. I have had a couple of the different covers all worked fine. Until very recently used daily in all weathers. Never leaked never let me down.

Just my experience. :thumb2

Cheers JH. Maybe that way in the future.

Back
Top Bottom