ABS flashing light on dash

Mark Jones

Reaction score
Hi all need some advice the red triangle light has just come on yesterday morning on a ride out, then in afternoon the ABS light started flashing, also the rear brake now feels really weak. The battery is about 2yrs old, rear pads are a little low but still should be fine, any thoughts regards Mark :nenau

It may help if you would post the bike model and the year. They are not all the same and have different braking systems.

:nenau
Ian

ABS light flashing

Thanks Ian yes it would help
GS 1150 GSA 05 ABS with servo many thanks :beerjug:

check under the saddle there should be a flashing code sticker

You might have low fluid in one circuit or both

You may have a the 5 watt tail lamp out

Or you may have an ABS system problem

But its the Dreaded Servo ABS

P.S. Check that Front brake and rear brake activate the rear lamp

Also if the brake lamp is on when you switch on the ignition ?? then a handgaurd may be fouling the lever from extending fully out
or footbrake switch may be trapped on

Is the General warning (triangle) on steady or flashing slow or flashing fast.
Is the ABS light flashing fast or slow.

:nenau

ABS light flashing

The general triangle light is on all the time ,the ABS light is flashing fast
thanks

The general triangle light is on all the time ,the ABS light is flashing fast
thanks
Had the same fault a month ago 2004 1150gsa abs servo

Pulled the servo and removed the abs with help of Dr F advice above and a thread on hear about it

Now happier with normal brakes

Not a difficulty job, Thanks to the members of ukgser

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Hi Drfarkoff thanks for your advice i will check in the morning many thanks for your help regards Mark :thumb2

Thanks hutchy for the tread link regards Mark
i will do the checks that the DR has suggested first

Thanks hutchy for the tread link regards Mark
i will do the checks that the DR has suggested first
Definitely do follow the process offered by Dr F first it may be a simple fix.

I just used the fault i had as an excuse to get rid of it

All the best

H

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Hi all have the same problem on my 04 1150gsa .But when I start bike the lights all work normal it's only when I apply back brake the lights flash on .regards James

James, take the twin filament bulb out of the rear light and examine it/throw it away and replace it with a new one.

James, take the twin filament bulb out of the rear light and examine it/throw it away and replace it with a new one.

Also check the contacts in the bulb holder.
I had the same problem in 2016 on mine. (03 twin spark, sedrvo ABS) I changed for a new bulb and problem was still there. Tadgh from this forum suggested checking the contacts and sure enough they had a black deposit on them like you get on a set of points when they've been arcing. Cleaned off the crud, ACF50 to stop any further corrosion and 2 years on no recurrence of the problem.

Hi

Also check the contacts in the bulb holder.
I had the same problem in 2016 on mine. (03 twin spark, sedrvo ABS) I changed for a new bulb and problem was still there. Tadgh from this forum suggested checking the contacts and sure enough they had a black deposit on them like you get on a set of points when they've been arcing. Cleaned off the crud, ACF50 to stop any further corrosion and 2 years on no recurrence of the problem.

Hi guys thanks for the suggestions I tried the back light removal all seems ok but when I apply foot brake lights won’t come on . When I turn on ignition all systems still seem to work ok But it’s still the same when I apply back brake abs/servo lights come back on 😩 regards James

Back
Top Bottom