July and August - Daily closure of Passa Sella

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone Touring in The Dolomites this summer should be aware of the following:

It is proposed that The Sellajoch / Passo Sella will be closed to traffic between 1100 hrs and 1400 hrs during July and August in order to keep the people at UNESCO happy. If successful, it may be rolled out to other passes and areas the following year so do them while you can!!!!

Here is an article in German, translate in Chrome - www.stol.it/Artikel/Chronik-im-Ueberblic...-zur-Sperre-ist-frei

Last two times there JB a lot of talk about it. Much uproar at the time 2010 and 2011. The move was to limit traffic at peak times. Must say having been in August it is mental,especially coaches. September and very late June are my favourite times,just off season , roads almost to yourself. If I went again at Peak times would spend time on lesser known and used roads passes. Lots to go at.:thumby:

On comparing thee passes to the Grossglockner and a toll limiting traffic, we may find that tolls may be applied in future as a traffic calming measure.

Just done amongst others the Falzarego, Pordoi (favourite) and Sella this week. Apart from the cyclists it felt like I had most passes to myself. Ill be back same time next year with luck.

Just done amongst others the Falzarego, Pordoi (favourite) and Sella this week. Apart from the cyclists it felt like I had most passes to myself. Ill be back same time next year with luck.

So what went wrong with the bike today? :D

Back
Top Bottom